Predict the day we clinch the AL East

hutchead

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, it would be great to start that season ending road trip with zero stress.

I agree 100%. This will only be possible for me though if:

1. We clinched the division.

2. We won at least 2 games from New York this weekend, guaranteeing us 10 wins and the season series.

3. NY has been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

o

I still have September 18th (off-day for the Orioles), as I stated 8 days ago:

o

September 18th, when the Yankees lose to the Blue Jays, and the Orioles are idle.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/143532-Predict-the-day-we-clinch-the-AL-East

The only thing is that now, I'm not sure if the Blue Jays will be eliminating the Yankees, or if the Yankees will be eliminating the Blue Jays. :noidea:

Guys, there is a legitimate chance, that the Orioles could clinch the AL East Sunday September 14th, 2014

On the 200 year anniversary of the Battle of Baltimore.

like-a-boss_o_GIFSoupcom_zps98fe4060.gif

If legitimate just means "it's technically possible", then, sure, but it seems pretty unlikely. The only way it's possible is if we win all of the next 5 games through Sunday and the Jays lose all of their next 4 through Sunday. If we lose one or they win one, we can't clinch by then. For us to win the next 5, we would end up in an 8-game winning streak. We haven't had one of those since 2005. We haven't even had a 6-game win streak since 2012.

I would LOVE to see it, though!

It certainly isn't impossible.

Man, it would be great to start that season ending road trip with zero stress.

The foot doesn't come off the gas until/unless we are mathematically eliminated from the possibility of getting HFA throughout the AL playoffs. Period. And bear in mind, we have the H2H advantage over Anaheim so a tie will do it.

Folks better start looking at tickets for the Toronto series, because if things hold the way they are, you're going to have reason to celebrate during that series.

I'm sitting 1st row behind the LF Game 1, so looking forward to visiting home and I would be psyched if they clinched at one of the games I'm going to. :)

The foot doesn't come off the gas until/unless we are mathematically eliminated from the possibility of getting HFA throughout the AL playoffs. Period. And bear in mind, we have the H2H advantage over Anaheim so a tie will do it.

Home field advantage is not worth "keeping your foot on the gas". Especially in a sport like baseball where road teams win routinely in the playoffs. Get these guys rested and set-up your pitching. Where the game is played doesn't matter.

Home field advantage is not worth "keeping your foot on the gas". Especially in a sport like baseball where road teams win routinely in the playoffs. Get these guys rested and set-up your pitching. Where the game is played doesn't matter.

That, and depending on how things work out, we may not see Anaheim anyway for them to get that advantage over us. Stranger things have happened.

Archived