Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

Guest rochester
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This is Davis' 2nd positive test, which is why there's 25-game suspension</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well then... I mean, duh! Of course, putting my tin foil hat on - the timing of this and the "new rule" about catchers not being able to "straddle" home plate are very suspicious - Baltimore going far in the playoffs does not bode well for network advertising prices. :)

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone is going to make that leap... and why shouldn't they? Davis just admitted he took something knowingly didn't have an exemption!

We can analyze this all we want...but the fact is Joe Public is going to look at his performance numbers and jump right to that conclusion and there is NOTHING Davis can say or do to affect that.

I got pulled over for speeding knowing it was against the law. Why shouldn't you make the leap that I also kill hobos and bury them in my backyard? I knew I didn't have an exemption for speeding! Maybe that's why I was driving so fast, to find more hobos!

I wasn't aware he had a first offense.

You wouldn't.

If he was taking regular doses of prescribed meds it would really come down to when he took the test in relation to his meds. And as always, there is a threshold - a certain level triggers a positive test.

So he could have tested positive in April, and gone through clean tests all year, but the last test caught him at the wrong time.

That is why the "level of stimulants" in the test is important to whether or not I personally believe his story.

However, bottom line is this: He knew he did not have an exemption, he continued to take adderall anyway, he had to have known that positive tests would be a possibility.

Hey maybe this drives his price down for an extension?

It is kind of funny/ironic/sad that six months ago there were people regularly posting that Davis was definitely gone sometime before 2016 since the O's wouldn't offer him the 5/125+ deal it would take to retain him. Now it's probably more like "wonder if he'll take the QO, or if the O's will even offer it?"

Adderall seems to be the excuse du jour on this one.

Also, I would hope that if it were a false positive from a cold medication, MLB would do the tests that rule out false positives before handing out a suspension. So I would think that the chances are remote that this was something besides what we think it is. Sigh.

I got pulled over for speeding knowing it was against the law. Why shouldn't you make the leap that I also kill hobos and bury them in my backyard? I knew I didn't have an exemption for speeding! Maybe that's why I was driving so fast, to find more hobos!

Hobo season doesn't open until November in Maryland and that is only for Bow and Black Powder weapons.

You wouldn't.

If he was taking regular doses of prescribed meds it would really come down to when he took the test in relation to his meds. And as always, there is a threshold - a certain level triggers a positive test.

So he could have tested positive in April, and gone through clean tests all year, but the last test caught him at the wrong time.

That is why the "level of stimulants" in the test is important to whether or not I personally believe his story.

However, bottom line is this: He knew he did not have an exemption, he continued to take adderall anyway, he had to have known that positive tests would be a possibility.

Gotcha, thanks. Agree with you about the bottom line here. Don't know what he was thinking.

Let's be clear. All the talk about "performance enhancement" "greenies", etc. are all non medical terms. The only indications in the real world of the practice of psychiatry for Adderall are for specifically diagnosed ADHD (which requires a childhood history of this disorder) or, more rarely, to improve treatment responses of severely resistant depression (which he doesn't have.) ANY other use or misuse of Adderall is a substance abuse issue, period. If Chris does have adult ADHD and was being treated for this, it would be highly unethical and inappropriate for MLB to remove this or impose penalties for prescribed usage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disappointing to see Davis fail to follow the rules. Another hit to the Orioles on multiple levels. The obvious subtraction of another player and now yet another example of the Orioles cheating just like many other teams that many fans here like to ridicule and make fun of.

INEXCUSABLE!!!

Archived