Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

If recent history holds true, then hitting is overrated in the post-season. Pitching is what wins.

Another interesting note as people cringe at the idea of Johnson playing third...

Donaldson, Moustakas, Castellanos are the 3 worst defensive 3B in the AL this year...and the latter two arent exactly offensive juggernauts. Basically, we just evened up with the rest of the AL playoff contenders when it comes to 3B defense.

Huh? Donaldson is a +22 by DRS and +15 by UZR. That's elite. Moustakas is basically average by DRS. I' not going to bother to look up the other one. Where are you getting this?

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll delete this post if no one can be arsed to respond to it, but what effect do amphetamines have on a hitter-- is the idea that they help him to lift more in the gym and thus accelerate muscle growth, which of course translates to added power? That is it is as serious a performance enhancer as other PEDs?

You know, to save myself reading the 25 pgs...

Im sick to death of cheaters, even Oriole cheaters.At this point in the PED era or "post" era, this is a CHOICE that Davis made with impunity.Im very disappointed in him and his decision to cheat and I wonder if the PED substance he used contributed to his "monster" season last year.He may have used more or something different than what he used this year, but the fact that he STILL used it even after being told he can't by MLB is arrogance, and a lack of respect for the rules. I don't even care if we re-sign him again.I wouldn't.

I'm disappointed and upset with him too. A big contributor to our 2014 campaign is a formerly busted PED user?.and a more significant PED. Davis will be welcomed back, particularly if he can help us win in 2015. Like Cruz, he's highly respected in the clubhouse (a little less after today though). But like Cruz, he'll never get a long term deal going forward.

edit: I'm also sick to death of people trying to game the system

Having read that from Davis this is my read:

Had been taking it, stopped taking it when he didn't get the exemption. Had the worst year in forever, got scared/ desperate, started taking again.

Stupid move there, Chet. He gambled and lost.

At least he is taking it and just getting on with it.

A key component in my take on this would be, "Chris, were you taking this

medication from a physician for a medical condition? Or were you using it

inappropriately on your own, for your own nonmedical reasons?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your complete 180 between the Rice situation and the Davis situation amuses me. Its the very definition of being blinded by orange colored glasses. You are all over Goodell, but willing to give Davis a number of hypothetical reasons why he took it.

I don't care why he did it. Its against MLB rules, so he cheated. And he has let a bunch of us down.

Yep, these two situations are similar and merit comparison.

A key component in my take on this would be, "Chris, were you taking this

medication from a physician for a medical condition? Or were you using it

inappropriately on your own, for your own nonmedical reasons?"

Or he resumed taking it because other areas of his life were impaired,

(as would be the case with adult ADHD- it affects ALL areas of your life, not just

work) and MLB was denying him necessary treatment. He might have

resumed taking it because of the impact of the untreated ADHD on other areas

of his life, even with the risks.

Pay a MD off and get a script.

Do folk think that the rate of adult ADHD amongst baseball players is actually twice the national average?

You got the money to do it semi-legally.

I think it's not that easy. Didn't Gamboa have a legal prescription and have his doctor on his side, but baseball refused to give him a waiver?

Alright, I'll delete this post if no one can be arsed to respond to it, but what effect do amphetamines have on a hitter-- is the idea that they help him to lift more in the gym and thus accelerate muscle growth, which of course translates to added power? That is it is as serious a performance enhancer as other PEDs?

You know, to save myself reading the 25 pgs...

Day to day energy, increased focus, etc. also helps cut weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived