Playoff Tickets for Extra Games

schittenden

I was looking at last years start times for the ALCS and NLDS. The NL started first last year and had two games on Thursday. One game started at 5:07 and the other at 8:37.One was in St. Louis and the other in Atlanta so no West Coast home game. Thr Friday games started at 1:07,3:07,6:07 and 9:37 with Oakland getting the late game.I can see them starting the Thursday game this year an hour later since the second AL game is in Anaheim. That way it goes right into the second game. Friday who knows for this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/schedules/playoffs

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like this (speculation):

10/2

TBA vs. O's 6p

TBA vs. California 930p

10/3

TBA vs. Washington 1p

TBA vs. O's 6p

TBA vs. California 930p

TBA vs. LA Dodgers/SFG 11p

I see a 1, 3 ,6 and 9:37 for Friday. That is what they had last year. I can see the Orioles being either the 1,3 or 6 PM on Friday..The Orioles or Nats would be the 1 PM.

I see a 1, 3 ,6 and 9:37 for Friday. That is what they had last year. I can see the Orioles being either the 1,3 or 6 PM on Friday..

I agree, not sure if tbs is locked into those 6 and 930 slots though. The ALDS is on TBS and NLDS is on MLBN/FS1. I like those 6p starts for the O's for me at least.

that would be lousy to make the nationals and giants play at 10 am west coast time on Friday because of one person.

That is assuming the Giants beat the Pirates. If Oakland and San Fran win the Wild Card. You might have four West Coast teams in the DS. If Baltimore somehow finishes with the best record in the AL then some West Coast city would get a 10 AM game.

Not when that one person is the owner...

baseball is bigger than one person. even if he is the owner. its a freaking joke.

it doesn't matter that one of the wealthiest cities in America won't be able to properly enjoy their team.......they are little people.

whats next, are we going to build a pyramid to the owners? seriously.

That is assuming the Giants beat the Pirates. If Oakland and San Fran win the Wild Card. You might have four West Coast teams in the DS. If Baltimore somehow finishes with the best record in the AL then some West Coast city would get a 10 AM game.

well, stuff happens. but that is entirely different than putting the religious needs of one person above what's best for baseball. owner or not.

baseball is bigger than one person. even if he is the owner. its a freaking joke.

it doesn't matter that one of the wealthiest cities in America won't be able to properly enjoy their team.......they are little people.

well, stuff happens. but that is entirely different than putting the religious needs of one person above what's best for baseball. owner or not.

No one knows if the Nats will get the first game on Friday.

It's not just for "one person." It's potentially for the entire Jewish community (some of whom post on this forum, so let's back off of the "it's a freaking joke" commentary). Much appreciated. Capitalization and punctuation are also appreciated. Forum rules, for your edification.

No one knows if the Nats will get the first game on Friday.
It's not just for "one person." It's potentially for the entire Jewish community (some of whom post on this forum, so let's back off of the "it's a freaking joke" commentary). Much appreciated. Capitalization and punctuation are also appreciated. Forum rules, for your edification.

sorry if I was raging out, but when the NFL game couldn't be moved to Wednesday night in Bmore one of the speculations was that it was Rosh Hashanah, Robert Kraft is Jewish and didn't want to do it.

which, if there was a steadfast policy against playing night games in sports during Rosh Hashanah, I would go along with....but the suggestion that the personal beliefs of an owner had a say in the matter irritates me a little, and this episode rhymes with it.

this is Amurica.

sorry if I was raging out, but when the NFL game couldn't be moved to Wednesday night in Bmore one of the speculations was that it was Rosh Hashanah, Robert Kraft is Jewish and didn't want to do it.

which, if there was a steadfast policy against playing night games in sports during Rosh Hashanah, I would go along with....but the suggestion that the personal beliefs of an owner had a say in the matter irritates me a little, and this episode rhymes with it.

this is Amurica.

Relax. Lerner just said he would not attend the game if it was played on Yom Kippur.. They are not moving the gamesoff of that date. I think the owner of the A's is also Jewish. The Tigers manager and second baseman is as well. Baseball cannot appease all of them and the games will go on.

I dated a Jewish girl....once. she would probably whack me on the head for getting their holidays mixed up because I always did when we dated. :vader:

but, I just saw this assumption that Lerner would have the clout to move the game because *reasons* and I read it to actually be a thing instead of :readoninternet:

I feel a lot better that Lerner knows he's just a guy. maybe its because my hubris is showing, but I wonder if some owners do have that kind of ego.

Not sure if this means anything but TBS is showing the game times for Thursday and Friday as 6 and 9:30 PM. I guess both O's games could start at 6. I don't see a 9:30 PM start.

http://www.tbs.com/schedule/

This is a great point. Just looked at the TV guide schedule. Mlb network would be more likely to cover the early game Friday. Guessing Nats get a early afternoon game and a night game Sat night.

Could not have said it better myself!

Archived