Playoff Tickets for Extra Games

schittenden

The Yankees scheduled the game today to begin at 1:00 because of the Jewish holiday beginning tonite. Maybe Lerner would also have his own customers in mind, if he were to request a gametime which wouldn't conflict with Yom Kippur? Granted there is a significantly larger Jewish population in New York City. But the Yankees certainly didn't schedule a day game because of "one person".

Edit: Population who self-identify as Jewish

New York City 1.7 M

Washington / Baltimore metro area: 276,000

Washington D.C. proper: 46,000

I'm sure the Nationals have a sense of what percentage of their fan base is Jewish.

I don't think anyone minds one game in the reg. season being played at an afternoon spot. esp in NY where the proportion of the population that is Jewish is leaps and bounds above anywhere else in America. Nobody complains about having to play on Patriots day in Boston because its kind of a special circumstance that's unique to the home team. Esp since its September and the day after nightgame effect is somewhat mitigated.

unless baseball would not schedule any baseball after 4 pm est on a Friday ( no other major sports going on mind you) then by taking care of the DC Jewish population, he would absolutely be screwing the 1.2 MILLION Jews in California by making them play after 5 pm local time...of which 615,000 live in LA metro with 2 teams who could be hosting 2 games. basically double what we have here.

which will probably happen anyway, because its arguably in the best interest of baseball. but that's different altogether than a personal favor.

there is simply no way to please everyone wrt fans of Jewish faith, fans of non faith(ie convenience of viewership wrt local time), and tv/advertisement interests. baseball and the broadcasters probably don't want their products competing against each other directly on every time slot either; so baseball will be played from 1:30 est-> 11:30 est.

something is going to have to give.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but, I just saw this assumption that Lerner would have the clout to move the game because *reasons* and I read it to actually be a thing instead of :readoninternet:

So you originally flew off the handle because of baseless speculation. How about we wait until we actually know more information before we flip out?

And also, as Witchy mentioned last night, from the forum rules: "3. Proper capitalization and punctuation will be used on all posts. We understand a typo, but constant abuse of this rule could result in an infraction or banning."

So this means it's just a free-for-all? No lottery this year?

Monday 9/22 - Current Plan Holders pre-sale

Thursday 9/25 - New Season Ticket Holders pre-sale

Friday 9/26 or Saturday 9/27 (?) - Lottery winners (details tonight probably?, good seats have presumably been set aside)

Monday 9/29 - Public sale for Standing Room, Obstructed View, Single Seats and other scrapheap locations.

In 2013 ,they did have some tickets at the box office . The Yankees and MLB returned some tickets. I was walking by and traded in my upper deck seats for lower box.I then sold my tickets. I think it is was luck but they did sell about 40 tickets at the box office about an hour before game time. This is a big chance and who knows if this will happen this year.

In order to guarantee the chance to purchase postseason tickets, Orioles fans can place a minimum $250 per seat deposit on a full or partial season-ticket plan for next season. The deadline in order to guarantee the opportunity to buy tickets for Game 1 of the ALDS and other potential playoff matchups is midnight tonight.

Those fans will be able to take part in an exclusive, online-only presale for tickets Thursday at 10 a.m. After midnight tonight, deposits for 2015 season tickets no longer will guarantee fans the chance to participate in the ALDS presale, the club said.

The Orioles also held a lottery on their website for the chance to purchase ALDS tickets. Fans who registered for the lottery will be notified if they won and the time of their online sale, if applicable, later today.

If fans don't put a deposit on 2015 season tickets or win the lottery, they can attempt to purchase ALDS tickets in a nonguaranteed public sale Monday at 10 a.m., exclusively online at Orioles.com/postseason.

The Orioles said ticket availability is expected to be extremely limited, and they are expected to sell out quickly. The club said tickets available in the public sale primarily will be scattered single seats, limited view seating, and standing room only. Fans can purchase a maximum of six tickets per ALDS game.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-announce-two-options-for-fans-to-purchase-alds-tickets-20140924,0,2742645.story#ixzz3EGKEuwAY

Archived