Playoff Tickets for Extra Games

schittenden

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Registered with two email addresses, didn't get picked on either. Very disappointed, but what are you going to do? I got picked every time the last go around, so I really don't have room to complain. It sounds like a lot of them were gobbled up by the season ticket holders and the deposit plan holders for next year, which is a good thing on paper. We'll see what happens next.

I got "picked," I think (put down a deposit for two 13 game plans)? But I wouldn't say it made a big difference. I couldn't find two seats together for games 1-2 in any of the sections I wanted (basically anything close enough to the field to make going to the stadium more sensible than watching the game on TV). Wound up getting decent seats for the maybe-if-necessary game 5, and I bought pretty good seats in section 52 from Stubhub for game 2.

I got "picked," I think (put down a deposit for two 13 game plans)? But I wouldn't say it made a big difference. I couldn't find two seats together for games 1-2 in any of the sections I wanted (basically anything close enough to the field to make going to the stadium more sensible than watching the game on TV). Wound up getting decent seats for the maybe-if-necessary game 5, and I bought pretty good seats in section 52 from Stubhub for game 2.

I agree with everyone that the communication, the process, and everything from the front office has been abysmal at best. I couldn't understand the rules of buying tickets for game 1 OR game 2...can I buy tickets to both? etc. I called, the lady was rude.

Anyway...I went to the games in 2012 and no matter where the seats are, the feeling, the electricity, the excitement makes it all worth it. TV just can't compare. Especially when we win.

I agree with everyone that the communication, the process, and everything from the front office has been abysmal at best. I couldn't understand the rules of buying tickets for game 1 OR game 2...can I buy tickets to both? etc. I called, the lady was rude.

Anyway...I went to the games in 2012 and no matter where the seats are, the feeling, the electricity, the excitement makes it all worth it. TV just can't compare. Especially when we win.

There's definitely something to be said for that, which is why I was willing to resort to Stubhub...but when your eyesight's as bad as mine is, at some point you have to accept that TV might be an option :P

FWIW - I registered with just one account, and I WAS selected. Not sure what that means in the "people who registered with multiple accounts didn't get picked" argument. Supposedly I can buy up to 4 starting Saturday at 10AM.

Hoping to be able to buy 4 cheap ones to take my boys to their first playoff game. We'll see.

Another theory: Wondering if any of you who won the lottery attended regular season games this year (where you purchased tickets directly from the ticket office)? My family typically gets a couple games from a season ticket holder so we never buy directly from the O's website or box office - none of us got selected. It would make sense if they gave priority to people who they have on record as attending games during the season. Although that would be a bummer in my situation (even though I did go to 2 games in Yankee Stadium, 1 in Camden Yards, and 1 in Nats Park).

I placed a deposit for 3 season tickets last night. I got the password 6 minutes before the presale started. My work comuter is horrible, so I forwarded to my buddy to buy and he was able to get 3 lower reserve for game 1 and 2 and 3 club level tickets for game 5 if necessary. He had trouble selecting sections that he wanted tickets in so just picked best available and hoped for the best. Very thankful to be able to buy tickets. My buddies and I were at between 20-30 games each but we almost always buy cheap tickets and either hang out on the right field porch or go sit in the lower empty sections. Hopeful we can advance and we're able to get tickets for the ALCS and World Series.

I placed a deposit for 3 season tickets last night. I got the password 6 minutes before the presale started. My work comuter is horrible, so I forwarded to my buddy to buy and he was able to get 3 lower reserve for game 1 and 2 and 3 club level tickets for game 5 if necessary. He had trouble selecting sections that he wanted tickets in so just picked best available and hoped for the best. Very thankful to be able to buy tickets. My buddies and I were at between 20-30 games each but we almost always buy cheap tickets and either hang out on the right field porch or go sit in the lower empty sections. Hopeful we can advance and we're able to get tickets for the ALCS and World Series.

Talk about last minute. Good work.

Question for you guys who bought tickets.... I was selected in the lottery, and will get a chance to buy up to 4 tickets. I want decent seats, so I thought going for 2 would be better, can I buy two sets of 2 to the same game, or will I be forced to get 4 in a row?

To add to this.. are we able to buy two tickets to game 1 and two tickets to game 2?

To add to this.. are we able to buy two tickets to game 1 and two tickets to game 2?

I haven't seen an official answer on this, only suspicion that it will be for one game only. I wouldn't use the season ticket holder presales as any sort of barometer for what you are able to do.

I can't think of a good reason why you wouldn't be able to split the tickets, or why the option wasn't given to season ticket holders to combine them.

2 tickets for one game makes sense as a lottery prize. 4 without the option to split makes none.

I just saw on eBay that they are selling codes for Saturday's presale for 39.95. While I think it's a shame that these people registered hundreds of times just to sell the codes, 39.95 is reasonable and a way to get playoff tickets without having to buy season tickets. Between me, my parents, sister and wife none of us won the lottery. I'm considering paying the 39.95.

Archived