Playoff Tickets for Extra Games

schittenden

I want to be very clear-- since the internet white knights want to feel good about themselves and have missed a few things about my point....

I have no issue with having the games in daytime to accommodate a Jewish Holiday. I wish a league would get the cajones to actually say we aren't going to have games on a sacred Jewish Holiday. But they won't. So that was never the point of my words. I have an issue with an owner aka one person being able to change/get favoritism vis a vis the time of game because its his team. This decision needs to be made with the best interest of baseball in mind. Its now apparent that Lerner is not going to do this....but people are harping on the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Chick View Post

It's not just for "one person." It's potentially for the entire Jewish community (some of whom post on this forum, so let's back off of the "it's a freaking joke" commentary).

This is dead wrong. There are going to be Jewish people in cities who will be affected because its a night game. its not a Jew versus non-Jew scenario. someone who lose, so therefore you can't have an *entire Jewish Community* stand to benefit. You will have a local Jewish Community benefit at the expense of another.

From a tv perspective, the early game should be the Orioles vs Central team on Friday....all things being equal. the National League Wild Card game isn't played until Wednesday night.

The decision about game time needs to be made before then. Its not realistic for people to make plans with what, 36 hours of planning? I don't know why you run the risk of alienating the fans of a city who has at worst a coin flip chance of having to play at 10 am local time, when You can slot an East Coast team and a Central One in the earliest slot guaranteed. Makes no sense whatsoever.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen it said here that there might not be any but looking at StubHub I'd find that hard to believe. Seem to be entire sections with 0 tickets. The presales are all over at this point right?

To the season ticket holders? Yeah I think so. I am forgetting when I bought my tickets in 2012. I mean I guess it won't be the end of the world if I can't attend but man after attending Game 1 of the 2012 ALDS, I'd love to go again. OPACY in playoff time is just a fun place to be.

The 13 game plan holders' presale goes from Thursday at 10:00 AM to Friday at 11:59 AM. I'm in that group.

This would leave to believe that there could be a chance for the general public to get seats starting at noon on Friday. Unless they are going to be limited to the raffle winners, which is kind of a public sale in itself. The ticket rep I talked to said it could be standing room only available to the public.

They should be announcing who got selected in the random presale drawing today. Depending on how that goes, we should start to see what the true public sale numbers are for ALDS.

I would definitely go and sign up on the O's site for the drawing for ALCS and WS tix though too. Those are still open.

I think the conflict is actually with Yom Kippur - Rosh Hashana begins tonight and ends on Friday.

The Yankees scheduled the game today to begin at 1:00 because of the Jewish holiday beginning tonite. Maybe Lerner would also have his own customers in mind, if he were to request a gametime which wouldn't conflict with Yom Kippur? Granted there is a significantly larger Jewish population in New York City. But the Yankees certainly didn't schedule a day game because of "one person".

Edit: Population who self-identify as Jewish

New York City 1.7 M

Washington / Baltimore metro area: 276,000

Washington D.C. proper: 46,000

I'm sure the Nationals have a sense of what percentage of their fan base is Jewish.

Archived