Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure you can just copy/paste the bar code from the ticket to StubHub. I know it's not a "one-click" option, but it's really quick and easy to do. Just view, copy, paste, and submit. Took me about 3 minutes to list my SRO tix last game. Then I spent about 15 to decide the price.

(sorry, I'm hawking the board to see if folks start posting about getting the lottery notification emails)

Yeah, it is a really quick process. My brother had tickets for the first two games of the Nats series. He had me put them on Stubhub for him because he could not go because we went to game 2 of the O's-Tigers, and he went to game 3 in Detroit. The fees are crazy sometimes, but the process is quick and easy.

Have any other non-season ticket holders received the email about the drawing yet?

Nope. Will post if/when I receive, along with results. It's like Christmas morning, except a Christmas where most people don't get gifts, and those that do still have to pay for them...but still exciting!

Yeah, it is a really quick process. My brother had tickets for the first two games of the Nats series. He had me put them on Stubhub for him because he could not go because we went to game 2 of the O's-Tigers, and he went to game 3 in Detroit. The fees are crazy sometimes, but the process is quick and easy.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the fees. For the last home game, StubHub basically takes 25% plus $3.50 ("delivery" because emails are expensive!) from the sale price. They take 15% from you, they take 10% from the buyer ("Listed Price" vs. your sale price). But they usually sell fast so I don't have a better option other then selling to a friend.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the fees. For the last home game, StubHub basically takes 25% plus $3.50 ("delivery" because emails are expensive!) from the sale price. They take 15% from you, they take 10% from the buyer ("Listed Price" vs. your sale price). But they usually sell fast so I don't have a better option other then selling to a friend.

Yeah, it really is the best option if you need to sell quickly and easily, and buyers go there because it is secure and reliable. But man, every time I buy or sell on there, I think about how much money they are raking in.

Just throw it up on Facebook and tell people you are selling for Stubhub prices minus 20 percent. You ought to have some interest and your friends feel like you are doing them a solid.

Just throw it up on Facebook and tell people you are selling for Stubhub prices minus 20 percent. You ought to have some interest and your friends feel like you are doing them a solid.

Oh yeah, in a situation like this, getting rid of the tickets quickly is not a problem at all.

What's the deal here? They had an artificial 5 PM deadline on season plan deposits, now I go to the page and it shows no deadline but they are still taking deposits?

I understand the ploy to sell as many 2015 season tickets as possible, really, I do. But as an out-of-towner it's really frustrating to feel like I'm being given the runaround. People had the last month of the regular season plus half of October now to put down deposits. Meanwhile lifelong Orioles fans who can't reasonably buy season tickets due to circumstances beyond their control are left waiting.

What's the deal here? They had an artificial 5 PM deadline on season plan deposits, now I go to the page and it shows no deadline but they are still taking deposits?

I understand the ploy to sell as many 2015 season tickets as possible, really, I do. But as an out-of-towner it's really frustrating to feel like I'm being given the runaround. People had the last month of the regular season plus half of October now to put down deposits. Meanwhile lifelong Orioles fans who can't reasonably buy season tickets due to circumstances beyond their control are left waiting.

I hear ya man. I live in Charlotte, and I was lucky enough to go to game 2 of the ALDS. I stayed up there for a few days and just got home last night, but I will happily make the drive again this weekend if I can get tickets again through the lottery. I know that is highly unlikely, but I would like to figure it out one way or another. I know the timing is tight and that they are trying to sell as many season tickets as they can, but I shudder to think what the process would have been like if the series went five games.

At some point they're going to have to come clean and admit they don't have any tickets to sell, right?

You mean for the lottery winners / general public sale? I'm fairly confident they will still have some game 6 & 7 tix available.

‎I recall the O's added an extra set of stands on the flag court for the 96 and 97 playoffs. Wonder if they've considered doing that now given the intense demand?

True, but I don't know how many more tickets that would add because it would take away from the standing room only sales.

Archived