Calling for Rain all day Friday.

Greg

Latest NAM backs off the precip in our area, focusing the area with the heaviest precip to the west. Consistent with the NWS discussion, and makes sense given the topography.

IMO, we are playing ball.

Saturday might be delayed a few hours, but that game will get played on Saturday too IMHO.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought they should do that for regular season it seems like the logistics of teams coming back would be harder and more expensive to do than just bumping a game a few hours ahead especially when its almost a no brainer that it will be rained out.

Just an FYI, I spoke to someone at the box office this morning to confirm how tickets would be handled in the event of a rain out. If Friday's game is rained out, Saturday is indeed Home Game 1 as printed on the tickets. Folks with tickets for Friday's game would be pushed to Saturday, and Saturday ticket holders (ie Home Game 2) would be pushed to presumably Sunday when the second game is played. Keep that in mind if you are traveling such as myself for Saturday's game.

Like a fish out of water. The Bass forecast:

Well we can pretty much tell you that there is only a small chance of playing ALCS game 1 without delay. Nuts. Let’s see how we get to that solution.

Could there be a chance “we get it wrong?” Look, the big variable is the Earth itself, there are no absolute guarantees in Nature. But it would take a BIG hemispheric change to pull us out of that rain band. NUTS.

Sat after ALCS game 2 has no issues, and Sunday will be the best of the weekend days.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/10/09/weather-blog-rain-likely-during-orioles-alcs-game/

Here's the amazing part of the thread to me:

Bob Turk is still on Baltimore TV??!!? I watched that guy when I was a kid!

Me too.

f4bmn5t.jpg

I'm also strangely comforted by the fact that Richie Bancells is still the Orioles trainer. He's like my one single uninterrupted tie remaining to my childhood Orioles fandom.

Instead of postponing, is there such a thing as playing ahead of schedule? I say GET THEM ON THE FIELD RIGHT NOW AND PLAY BALL. Both teams have been off, they should be ready to go!!!!!!

I like where your head is at on this one. TBS can just shelve those syndicated episodes of Friends and Family Guy and save that new episode of Cougar Town for another night. Let's play some ball! :)

Probabky at 4:07 PM.

Dammit, I need to get my night game fandom and soon!

You know, kids are asleep, wife is watching "Project Runway" or whatever, and it's just me in a darkened living room watching in a mood of pure intensity, cheering and screaming at the TV like no one's watching (because no is watching).

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed watching all the games so far, but it's been hard to devote myself 100% with everyone else up.

"Let's go O's--oh, yeah honey, that's a really cute picture you just drew!" or "Of course I will play 'High Ho Cheery-o' with you while I also try to keep my other eye on this incredibly intense postseason game."

I like where your head is at on this one. TBS can just shelve those syndicated episodes of Friends and Family Guy and save that new episode of Cougar Town for another night. Let's play some ball! :)

All right, everyone to Baltimore! Game starts in 15 minutes!

Not a meteorologist, but I would have to say that rarely does the rain end up being WORSE than the forecast. 90 percent of the time you don't get the rain when it's called for you or see much less of it than they anticipated. The game will get played I think. May be some delays, but they get it in.

Think about how many times you have read threads on this board panicking about not getting the game in? How often does the game actually get postponed? Less than often I would say.

Not a meteorologist, but I would have to say that rarely does the rain end up being WORSE than the forecast. 90 percent of the time you don't get the rain when it's called for you or see much less of it than they anticipated. The game will get played I think. May be some delays, but they get it in.

Think about how many times you have read threads on this board panicking about not getting the game in? How often does the game actually get postponed? Less than often I would say.

Remember how everyone was certain that the Most Blessed St. Derek Jeter Heavenly Coronation and Exuberation game was going to be rained out?

If this game does get rained out, does anyone know whether Game 2 gets moved to Sunday or if people with tickets to the Friday game get pushed to Sunday?

People with tickets for Game 1 will see game 1. So if Friday is rained out, then people with tickets on Friday will see Saturday's game. People with Saturdays tickets will be pushed to Sunday

Archived