Calling for Rain all day Friday.

Greg

I am a former USAF meteorologist, and with the models in disagreement presently, we're probably a good two model runs away from being able to come up with any meaningful prediction. And even then, if the models aren't initializing well (last model run didn't), we could still see a pretty wide disparity between precip forecast start time and precip start time.

Right now it looks like rain will fall lightly and start somewhere between mid-game and after midnight. And if it's a light rain (which is what comes with a warm front), then they'll play. There will just be some wet folks in the crowd.

And the added upside is that if the dirt gets a bit muddy, it will aid in slowing down the Royals' speed.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bmore Fri forecast: Royals & rain. Weather guru <a href="https://twitter.com/TurkWJZ">@TurkWJZ</a> says it looks like a wet Gm 1 for ALCS. Better than snow in '79. We'll see.</p>— Mark Viviano (@MarkWJZ) <a href="

">October 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/backthebirds?src=hash">#backthebirds</a> Hope we can get that game in on Friday night , but doesn't look too good at this point weatherwise.</p>— Bob Turk WJZ (@TurkWJZ) <a href="

">October 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you made it through game one of the ALDS two years ago, you're equipped to handle anything that mother nature can throw at you.

The difference is that rain tapered off. This rain won't and will get worse the later it gets. Latest NAM model run out. Shows Balt Metro right on the edge of some heavier rain bands.

They have about 3.5 hours to get this in if I am reading it right. They might not start. Or they could get it in. No idea when game 1 would be played if its rained out.

What a disaster.

The difference is that rain tapered off. This rain won't and will get worse the later it gets. Latest NAM model run out. Shows Balt Metro right on the edge of some heavier rain bands.

They have about 3.5 hours to get this in if I am reading it right. They might not start. Or they could get it in. No idea when game 1 would be played if its rained out.

What a disaster.

The GFS is showing the same thing but lighter rain, I never trusted the NAM model. This is like predicting snow storms, I won't start paying attention until tomorrow's model runs.

Archived