Report: Orioles will decline Markakis' option

Crazysilver03

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markakis has to go if a corner OF not gonna hit 20 HR he better catch most balls hit to RF like the Royals RF. Nick cant do that move on. But the Owner loves him so we all know how this ends.

Markakis. Good guy. Time to move on. Very replaceable at a much cheaper price than even a reduced Markakis contract. JMO

I'm not averse to letting Markakis walk, but I keep hearing things like "very replaceable" said about him. Very replaceable with whom? The only FA OFer who interests me at all is Yasmani Tomas, but what are the odds that the O's will sign him?

I still put a lot of blame on Nick for game 1. How does a blooper into RF turn into a bases clearing triple? Seems like he was in bad position (Buck's fault. Why so far from the RF line against a LH hitter?) but he took way to long to get to that ball.

I don't mind the lack of HRs but we need a RF that can get to more balls.

I still put a lot of blame on Nick for game 1. How does a blooper into RF turn into a bases clearing triple? Seems like he was in bad position (Buck's fault. Why so far from the RF line against a LH hitter?) but he took way to long to get to that ball.

I don't mind the lack of HRs but we need a RF that can get to more balls.

Kirby or Buck or whoever had him playing in right center. Not many RF getbto that ball. Schoop dropping the cutoff throw didn't help matters.

Buck and more importantly PA loves Nick Markakis. He will be the starting RFer in 2015. They need to find a real leadoff hitter with speed. Schoop, Bundy/Gausman + what for Altuve?

LOL Houston not trading him.

I'm not averse to letting Markakis walk, but I keep hearing things like "very replaceable" said about him. Very replaceable with whom? The only FA OFer who interests me at all is Yasmani Tomas, but what are the odds that the O's will sign him?

Lough can give similar value for 510K.

Archived