Favorite Pitcher to watch...

TyCobb

Besides the obvious that people have named I like the bulldog persona in many pitchers. Two of the best right now at that are Brad Penny (who made a bunch of allstars look silly), and Ian Snell, who get by on his bulldog persona. Which is ironic given he is like 5'10".

These guys throw the ball up there and say hit it, I dare you.

I used to like watching Luis Tiant. I like watching just about any pitchers that have an unorthadox delivery. Luis used to do just about a backward 360 before he threw it home. I also liked watching B.J. Ryan. He was throwing in the low 90's, but something about his motion made it look like it was coming in at about 105.

I liked Jered Weaver a lot in 2006, last year it was Fausto Carmona and Bedard.

I also like D-Cab a lot when he's not wild, which is not often. But I may have to say that all time favorite who was actually pitching when I was alive is Hideo Nomo. I love his wind-up and I got to see his no-hitter when I was 13 at Camden Yards.

I wish I could have seen Sandy Koufax pitch. A 90 mph curve-ball that sinks out of nowhere. bedard is great but no one had a curveball like Sandy.

Maddux all time; Bedard right now

Palmer all time. Bedard right now.

I loved watching Maddux though. I watched him a lot the whole time he was with ATL. He's gotta be the all-time #1 at saying the F-word to lip-readers watching on TV. Dunno about now, but when he was with the Braves he'd get mad and say it every time anybody got a hit off him. He'd even get mad and cuss about a weak 2-out bloop single that didn't mean anything. He absolutely hated not getting everybody out.

Archived