Favorite Pitcher to watch...

TyCobb

I am the baseball fan that loves to watch the 2-1 game. I am just wondering which pitchers you guys love to watch past or current.....

For me Kerry Wood was one of my favorites when he didn't get touched by Dusty. Pedro in 98-00 was my all-time favorite. I still remember him striking out 6 batters in the All-star game.

Currently Bedard is my favorite to watch. I love the way to attacks the strikezone with the fastball/curveball arsenal. Another guy I try to always watch pitch is Brad Penny. I don't know why but for some reason I always watch his games early in the year.

I love to watch any great pitcher when he's on. If I had to choose one, I'd say Jim Palmer because he had the most beautiful delivery I ever saw, and his ability to mix the high heat with the 12-6 slow curve was very tantalizing. Among active pitchers I think I might go with Maddux in his prime, because he seemed hittable but he simply wasn't.

Since he plays in SD, you don't see him that much, but the times I have seen him, I was sufficiently "wowed". Jake Peavy

Big fan of Peavy.

Dave Stewart in the late 80's, Maddux when he was in Atlanta, and Bedard more recently.

Last year I stayed up and watched the game where Guthrie pitched in San Diego. Talk about being on. I don't have a game log in front of me, but when he pitched to contact nobody was getting the good part of the bat on the ball. There wasn't one hard hit ball while he was in.

Archived