Jay Bruce?

Dark Helmet

Any interest. Owed 26m over next 2 years with a 1m buyout in 2017. Had a down year so might be had cheap. Usually good for .250/.320/.480 with 30+ HR. Only 28 and would be a great replacement for Cruz and give us a much needed LH power bat. What would it take?

Miguel Gonzalez? Brian Matusz? Tim Berry? Alejandro De Aza. That's all we got Doc.

Any interest. Owed 26m over next 2 years with a 1m buyout in 2017. Had a down year so might be had cheap. Usually good for .250/.320/.480 with 30+ HR. Only 28 and would be a great replacement for Cruz and give us a much needed LH power bat. What would it take?

I don't think Cincinnati would be inclined to trade him. I also don't believe Baltimore has the pieces to trade for him.

A LH power bat is "much needed"??

I admit it seemed like we could have used one last year but that was because Davis was off, Wieters was hurt and our PH bats were Young and Pearce. I don't think a LH power bat is a huge need for 2015.

As for Bruce, he had a very down year last year and might benefit from a change of scenery. Cincinnati is in that perfect zone to start selling (a bad team with no farm and a small handful of elite aging assets) but it might be another year or two before they admit it to themselves and start selling. If they were officially in sell mode, I think we could get Bruce for a great price and it would be a very solid Cruz-like gamble. The problem is, the Reds still think they're good.

Archived