Donaldson Trade (O's Related)

millertime

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manny is starting to play like he's 30. He can't stay on the field. He got hurt getting out of the box. He is injury prone. Enough said.
I didn't mention it, but yeah. He may be 22, but he won't play like a 22 year old in the field with two reconstructed knees. He'll still be good but its unreasonable to expect him to still have the same speed and range out there at 3B as he did a couple years ago.

And maybe Manny will be better than we ever could imagine.

I strongly disagree.

I respect that opinion. I just think some GM would be leary of a 22 year old who has had 3 k ee surgerys. And who's main value has been on defense. Someone looking for an offensive player who also plays solid defense and is under control for 4 more years. My main concern is Manny is injury prone and will never stay on the field enough. He's definitely not an extension candidate at this point.

You post a clearly false statement, then you give me neg rep for calling you on it. Not cool. Check your facts before posting.

I didn't give you negative rep. I admit that I didn't realize that the site had already moved those prospects to the A's organization. I apologize for that. I should've researched it more but again, I didn't give you negative rep.

Martin actually helps the pitching staff dramatically. We take players like weiters and joseph for granted but I can only imagine how big a drop off we'd experience with someone as incompetent as navarro behind the dish.
Dickey, Buehrle, Happ, Hutchison? He probably won't even catch Dickey. He's not going to make Buehrle get any younger.

Archived