Donaldson Trade (O's Related)

millertime

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He only negs Frobby :P

Can we come back and neg the AA backers after the Blue Jays choke away another season?

Im not backing the Blue Jays. I think aquiring Donaldson was a solid move that upgrades 3B for them tremendously. And Mannys knees worry me. I'm not sure how that equals being a Blue Jays backer. I can't stand them and I didn't like Donaldson the person when he was an A's.

Im not backing the Blue Jays. I think aquiring Donaldson was a solid move that upgrades 3B for them tremendously. And Mannys knees worry me. I'm not sure how that equals being a Blue Jays backer. I can't stand them and I didn't like Donaldson the person when he was an A's.

I know all of this.

When a dog has been whipped while he is young, it is tough to change that cringe when the pup grows older.
True, many seem to have a hard time realizing that this is no longer the 1998-2011 O's. Buck is not DT, and DD is not AM,/Duq/Flan,/Beattie/Trift.

Do you dis-like Donaldson because Machado made an idiot of himself when Donaldson out-played him - and because Donaldson is so far the better player?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• No, I’m just saying Bradish can pitch one way or another.  You don’t throw out Suarez, Irvin and Povich.  at the very least, you get Bradish one of the starts.
    • As an Orioles fan I would rather that they not play on Sunday night.  Plus I really do not like the announcing crew, other than Eduardo Perez. As a fan of the sport having the Yankees-Red Sox as the spotlight game when you have two top five teams playing in a sold-out stadium the same day is a symptom of a longer-term problem MLB can’t seem to fix.  ESPN is probably right that they’d get better ratings but it is because the sport has become too regionalized with a few national brands (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox, maybe Cubs, maybe Phils, maybe Braves).  The sport’s inability to market its biggest stars nationally (especially those that don’t play for the above teams) is maddening.     Okay, I’m done venting for now.
    • Yeah no reason to get a starter. Kremer will be back soon and Suarez and Irvin have provided a lot of innings we did not expect. We need a late inning leverage guy and probably another middle relief pitcher, similar to getting Webb last year. I don't think we need to break the bank either. Everyone tosses around trading Kjerstad but we can get a late inning guy and not give up a top 25 prospect. We just a rental. Baustista will be back and we have a club option on Kimbrel if need be.
    • I'm curious for those wanting to trade for a starter: who are you kicking out?
    • would you?     https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10124411-white-sox-sp-garrett-crochets-top-landing-spots-amid-mlb-trade-rumors
    • I don’t think this matters. I think you get value where you can. The Rays have been willing trade partners in the past when it was clear they weren’t contending. Right now they are 4 games out of the last slot but have like 5 teams above them. Can they get it? Sure but it’s not that likely and in the past they’ve been realistic in their down type seasons.
  • Popular Contributors