Astros want Robertson or Miller as their closer.

weams

I agree, Weams. I have followed the Astros since they were in the NL. IMO they are building in the right sequence. First with SP and some Defense. Now to correct one of the other two glaring areas, the BP. Then, only the offense would need bolstering up. They could be in playoffs long before some believe.

You collect enough #1 overall draft picks sooner or later you should start getting good.

What the Astros did isn't new, it has been going on in the NBA for some times and the Capitals did it in the NHL.

Pretty rough on the fanbase when the plan is to lose at least 100 games three years running.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> definitely in on Andrew Miller, but seem to have same stance as with Robertson: Will do 3 yrs, but not Papelbon-ish 4-$50M-plus</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">December 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> definitely in on Andrew Miller, but seem to have same stance as with Robertson: Will do 3 yrs, but not Papelbon-ish 4-$50M-plus</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="
">December 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Then they're not "in."

Then they're not "in."

I guess - if we are to believe that Heyman never puts numbers out there that favor the agent's position. I'm not sure that anything I've seen really means that any team is "closing in" on signing Miller for 4/$40. I suspect that if any team had already offered that, the deal would be done. I could be wrong, though.

I guess - if we are to believe that Heyman never puts numbers out there that favor the agent's position. I'm not sure that anything I've seen really means that any team is "closing in" on signing Miller for 4/$40. I suspect that if any team had already offered that, the deal would be done. I could be wrong, though.

A robust market helps all clients of all agents. Even the one that John Heyman works for.

Archived