Go get aoki

Bumps49

WTF? In a lineup with Caleb Joseph/Nick Hundley, Jonathan Schoop/Ryan Flaherty, the 2014 version of JJ Hardy, and sometimes David Lough in LF, there were plenty of other places to bat Nick. Pretty much anywhere other than 3/4/5, and frankly even 3 would have been reasonable considering the year Davis had.

Simply talking about the power quotient. Not the ability to hit. I should have phrased it differently.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if the lead off hitter lead the league in doubles. How would that be. What if he hit 50 home runs?

Didn't Brady do both? The difference and the biggest problem I had with Markakis is that he was slow. He couldn't create runs on the base paths. I am of the old school and feel lead off hitters need able to get on base, poke a hit here and there but most of all get from 1st to 3rd on most hits. If you have a .350 OBP, it won't mean jack if you can't score.

80 runs a season is a BAD lead off hitter.

His DRS was good in his two years in Milwaukee and not too good last year (-8), although his UZR was better last year than the previous two. :confused:

Matt Kemp was better in RF according to DRS.

DRS and UZR generally correlate fairly well. When they don't, I go with DRS, particularly with oufielders. In fact, I almost always look at DRS over UZR now anyways. From my understanding they classify batted balls better than UZR. For infielders it's less of an issue with ground balls.

DRS and UZR generally correlate fairly well. When they don't, I go with DRS, particularly with oufielders. In fact, I almost always look at DRS over UZR now anyways. From my understanding they classify batted balls better than UZR. For infielders it's less of an issue with ground balls.

Thank you for that. It helps with my understanding.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I'm being asked a lot about Aoki. Told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> have "limited" interest in him. So there's that.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived