Go get aoki

Bumps49

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to get excited about Aoki. If the Executive of the Year's plan is to dump fan favorite Kakes for this guy, he is an idiot.

If that were to happen, I would lose it.

I am with Wildcard, DD must have a trade up his sleeve.

I understand the Nick move, but can't say it doesn't hurt. He and Jones are my favorite O's. Makes me sad.

So you are upset that DD isn't sentimental and dropped a player that is most likely not going to live up to his contract? Someone that doesn't put a player ahead of the team.

So you are upset that DD isn't sentimental and dropped a player that is most likely not going to live up to his contract? Someone that doesn't put a player ahead of the team.

Not upset, I Understand. Just liked Nick, as many did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Bad D. We can do better. From within.
Whos the better lead off guy we have within. Who has a career .350 OBP? As a RF Nori has UZR'S of 2.9, 3.2 and 5.4, DRS has him 8, 13 and -8 and TZ has him 10, 25 and 1. That doesn't add up to bad D for me.

Yeah........... I hope the Orioles aren't considering this guy. He has less power than Nick, OPS is no upgrade over Nick, makes too many mistakes in RF and he's even older.

He can run though....

It's no wonder Nick came off the board so quick. It was the right move, but it's amazing how hard it is to replace a 'replacement level player'. :rolleyes:

Whos the better lead off guy we have within. Who has a career .350 OBP? As a RF Nori has UZR'S of 2.9, 3.2 and 5.4, DRS has him 8, 13 and -8 and TZ has him 10, 25 and 1. That doesn't add up to bad D for me.

Thank you....I think it's human nature to underrate other teams players and overrate our guys....I think if Aoki spent the last 3 years with the O's we would say 2/18 is a steal since Nick the stick got 4/44 from the Braves.

I was against resigning Nick but if he would have promised to get the neck surgery I would not of had a problem signing him to that deal...I think the Braves have gotten way to much negative press for Nick that really isn't justified considering teams clearly value offense stats much higher than D stats (well the public D stats anyway)....

Bottom line....Is Aoki and upgrade over Nick? Not likely but he has a much better chance of being worth his contract than Nick.

I also think Aoki has a pretty decent shout at having 10ish bombs playing in Camden half the time and 9 games each at the Yanks/Sox/Blue Jays stadiums....Clearly KC killed his power.

I'm really confused by the people who were in favor of signing Nick but are somehow against acquiring Aoki for 80% of the cost (and a shorter commitment).

Aoki has "less power" than Nick ? Nick Markakis has essentially 0 power. Steamer projects Markakis to have a .391 SLG compared to Aoki .371 - this is a rounding error.

They have essentially identical wRC predicted for next year (105 vs 104). Aoki has the higher projected OBP.

He's being called a poor defender, but nearly every defensive statistic suggests they're awfully similar.

Yes he isn't an 'upgrade' over Nick - but I don't understand why that's suddenly the requirement. Nick isn't an upgrade over Nick either.

Aoki is an adequate replacement that costs less money and will provide similar performance in the near term.

Archived