Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Roch did tweet from the plane early on. So that would indicate that there is wifi. Unless it was still taxiing on the runway.

He tweeted about changing seats, not about the flight attendant bumping his elbow during drink service. It is safe to assume he was on the ground and would have addressed this if he was able to.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is silly. More money, more power over the team, better title, possible shares in the team? These are all reasons DD could want to take the TOR job.

I'm with Tony and the other posters that are most bothered by the timing of all this.

I am with you all there.

I hope that in this case your also right that it has nothing to do with lack of autonomy or budget. I don't think based on history though its a big stretch to give it consideration.

I think if DD goes then MLB should penalize Toronto big time. Say a player and their first round pick to start off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Blue Jays interested in Duquette for team president (update) - School of Roch: The Blue Jays are in th... <a href="http://t.co/f39RwgMFDP">http://t.co/f39RwgMFDP</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roch adds nothing on the plane with him for 5 hours and you get nothing.

If DD is has the power, authority, autonomy and budget he wants then there is ZERO reason to leave.

There are hundreds of thousands of reasons to leave. Namely, a likely substantial raise. We're talking about going from McMansion rich to yacht-owner rich.

Probably better job security too. GMs get fired all the time. Team presidents not so much.

The scary thing, is if there is compensation from the BJ's to the Orioles - is who is going to negotiate that deal?

At a minimum, I would ask for their top prospect and a pick if they can get it from them

Boston got nothing good when Theo left. Don't get your hopes up.

There are hundreds of thousands of reasons to leave. Namely, a likely substantial raise. We're talking about going from McMansion rich to yacht-owner rich.

Probably better job security too. GMs get fired all the time. Team presidents not so much.

Good point. Lots of reasons to parlay his success into permanent job security.

What are you talking about?

People leave jobs they are happy in when they are offered a higher paying job of more responsibility every day. Blaming this on PA is beyond ridiculous.

Is it really that absurd to at least consider that possibility given the history of that particular owner.

Lets not forget that DD wasted (prob in Petes view) 50+ million of his money last offseason on Ubaldo. Sometimes I wonder if Pete is go along to get along till he sees money go down the drain, then he gets a little to touchy feely.

For DD to be willing to bolt to an competitor in division, at this time of the year makes me believe something has gone terribly wrong in that relationship. Believe what you want but my money is on Pete messing it up

Archived