Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

If this is true, Duquette is gone. You just can't have someone running your organization whose heart is not there. If there heart is with a competitor, their judgement is, at best, compromised. I am not saying Dan isn't trying his hardest while employed here, but he will be second guessed from here on out on everything, and that kind of constant questioning will sour an entire organization from ownership all the way down to the players.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now we are seeing why nobody would touch the guy for 10 years. How unbelievably slimy. Maybe Peter can hire a replacement, demote DD, and give him no responsibility.

If he tries to leave, he will likely meet the Potter that we all know and love. You know, that one who single handedly kept an entire franchise from relocating until he got what he wanted. Yes, DD if you are the one who is trying to leave at this terribly timed moment to a hated division rival, you are going to meet the Other Side of the Force. Best case is that he just wants more money and a promotion and PA gives it to him. You wonder and hope that Potter has some residual animosity too with the Blue Jays corporate types.

Seriously though, there should be something put in place that this kind of move has to be made at the beginning of the offseason, not the same day the winter meetings start. That's really f'd up by the Blue Jays. They were always hated but quickly approaching the Red Sox/Yankees territory...

Yeah. And apparently they've known for sometime that this Beeston guy was set to retire. This is BS. Is there even a precedent for something like this?

Of course this happens to us. What a fiasco of an offseason so far.

Angelos trying to get him to stay, but others not opposed to him leaving? Sounds like the same internal BS coming from the warehouse that has long plagued the team. I cant see why Buck wants him to go unless Buck is upset about Markakis. The O's will have a very hard time replacing Duquette.

Angelos trying to get him to stay, but others not opposed to him leaving? Sounds like the same internal BS coming from the warehouse that has long plagued the team. I cant see why Buck wants him to go unless Buck is upset about Markakis. The O's will have a very hard time replacing Duquette.

Just stop the guy not that good.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Duquette wants to leave <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>, become <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a>? prez/CEO. Some with club not opposed to his departure. Angelos standing in way.</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For the last few seasons I've been willing to give PA a pass because it seemed like things were starting to come together after such a dark period.

Now, it's clear: NO ONE wants to work for the Orioles FO. No one.

After a couple of seasons under impossibly stringent budget restrictions and weird negotiations, even DD, a man gone from the sport for a decade, can't deal with the Angelos regime.

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life.

MSK

Pardon him if he's upset that the GM that brought us three consecutive winning seasons and two playoff berths after fourteen consecutive losing seasons may be leaving.

Buck has more to do over that then Dan.

Well. Dan was used to working for a team that spent. He used the Orioles as a way back into baseball. If Duquette wants to leave, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Just when you think this tem has turned the corner. Was fun while it lasted.

Archived