Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Angelos trying to get him to stay, but others not opposed to him leaving? Sounds like the same internal BS coming from the warehouse that has long plagued the team. I cant see why Buck wants him to go unless Buck is upset about Markakis. The O's will have a very hard time replacing Duquette.

If there is anyone in that warehouse not opposed to DD leaving they are fools. Bottom line for me is that if DD wants to leave then there are moves he has wanted to make that ownership has been nixing. I cant imagine another scenario where he wants to leave. I am sure many on here will blast DD and some of it might be deserved but when the real story comes out wanna bet that meddling and unwillingness to spend any money to take the team to the next level has a lot to do with it. I will bet my house DD is just tired of having to hold the house together with bubble gum and duct tape while Pete clutches his wallet close to his chest.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@masnRoch: My flight to SD is loaded with #orioles front office folks. Including Duquette. Already working on one trade #WindowSeatForAisle

This was five hours ago. Rosenthal tweeted an hour later.

Something is fishy. This had to have been discussed beforehand.

Hopefully it's a lot of smoke but little to no fire.

Dan has not been approached on this he is under contract. Peter Angelos would have to give permission to allow this to proceed.

And I can't imagine Angelos giving that permission due to the timing. This should have been done in October. If they want DD, they can give him the offer next October. I'd be shocked if Duquette would leave in the middle of the winter meetings.

@masnRoch: My flight to SD is loaded with #orioles front office folks. Including Duquette. Already working on one trade #WindowSeatForAisle

This was five hours ago. Rosenthal tweeted an hour later.

Something is fishy. This had to have been discussed beforehand.

Roch is paid by the Orioles. You wont get any other analysis from roch.

How reliable is Ken Rosenthal though? Maybe just stirring up trouble?

Kind of interesting all this news breaks when the Orioles contingent is in the air. Roch tweeted DD was on his flight drinking a LaBatt's beer.

Gotta be pretty awkward up there if there's wi-fi.

There fixed that for you! Lol.

What? Blue Jays are giving him a team to run the way he wants. Not many people are gonna turn that down.

My point is that PA should have given him carte blanche to sign the players he wanted without the typical Orioles FO stop-and-go budget approvals we've all heard about for almost two decades.

So I guess someone is going to tell me that Toronto is a giant market like NY, Boston, Chicago and LA.

I'm not upset at you Birdland, I'm just saying that DD probably got tired of dealing with the Angelos family and decided to bolt with a better offer on the table. Why does he want to leave? Think about it.

MSK

If there is anyone in that warehouse not opposed to DD leaving they are fools. Bottom line for me is that if DD wants to leave then there are moves he has wanted to make that ownership has been nixing. I cant imagine another scenario where he wants to leave. I am sure many on here will blast DD and some of it might be deserved but when the real story comes out wanna bet that meddling and unwillingness to spend any money to take the team to the next level has a lot to do with it. I will bet my house DD is just tired of having to hold the house together with bubble gum and duct tape while Pete clutches his wallet close to his chest.

Buck and Dan have both said repeatedly that they have never been told no and that they have the budget to compete. I see no reason to suddenly not believe what has

Been a consistent message for three years.

I trust Rosenthals sources. As an old Orioles beat writer, I'm sure he has better O's sources than most national reporters too.

I truly wish that I could not trust Rosenthals sources.

I really really do.

Here I thought the Ravens secondary would ruin my day

*&^^(*%( the Blue Jays

And I can't imagine Angelos giving that permission due to the timing. This should have been done in October. If they want DD, they can give him the offer next October. I'd be shocked if Duquette would leave in the middle of the winter meetings.

Would be very unprecedented for sure. I mean this is what frustrates me. Toronto knew they would need a new president and they should have done that after the season ended.

Once again Dan would be a empty suit in 2015. Just let him go if he doesn't wanna be here. You block Dan from going just gonna have a pissed off GM calling the shots you really want that?

Archived