Fangraphs-Ranking Adam Jones

Il BuonO

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jones always plays through nagging small injuries, I just don't see that arguement as sound since it could be cut and pasted for every player ever. It just puts evryone on a level playing field, not put Jones at a disadvantage. The list is just crazy for every position. Ranking Tulo #1 when he is injured every year, yet using the rationale that a player who has never spent time on the DL could possibly decline from an injury is just plain stupid. It really seems like he didn't put any thought into the list. I'd like to see one where he just uses the objective equation he started with, and do it without him knowing the player's name.

This is a problem with the FanGraphs article, it looks at the stats and determines he hasn't had injury problems because he plays most of the games. But in fact, he has played hurt quite a bit hurting his overall numbers. Its good he can play hurt, bad he gets hurt.

A truly healthy Adam Jones is likely to keep getting better at the plate.

This is a problem with the FanGraphs article, it looks at the stats and determines he hasn't had injury problems because he plays most of the games. But in fact, he has played hurt quite a bit hurting his overall numbers. Its good he can play hurt, bad he gets hurt.

A truly healthy Adam Jones is likely to keep getting better at the plate.

As he gets older, though, this will become more of a problem. So, getting better at the plate doesn't seem likely if he's continuing to get injured. Most guys don't play through injuries at a better rate as they age, I don't expect Jones will either.

As he gets older, though, this will become more of a problem. So, getting better at the plate doesn't seem likely if he's continuing to get injured. Most guys don't play through injuries at a better rate as they age, I don't expect Jones will either.

Or were those injuries he suffered a matter of luck? We really don't know.

Barring injury, I'm expecting Jones to improve over the next 2 years before he starts to decline. I'm really pulling for a career year out of him too ;) One of those OPS+ of like 160 explosions some guys mix into there careers on occasion. If Steve Pearce can do it over 383 PA's, I think Jones is capable over 600+.

Or were those injuries he suffered a matter of luck? We really don't know.

Barring injury, I'm expecting Jones to improve over the next 2 years before he starts to decline. I'm really pulling for a career year out of him too ;) One of those OPS+ of like 160 explosions some guys mix into there careers on occasion. If Steve Pearce can do it over 383 PA's, I think Jones is capable over 600+.

That's a lot more difficult for guys with zero discipline.

When I went to the hitting demonstration with him and Harold Reynolds I was struck by how effortless he looks when making contact. He has a really beautiful swing to watch. A great natural talent.

I wish he would trust that more in spots where he seems to press. Maybe that's something he realizes as he gets older. Something that helps him reach the next level.

Archived