UNC vs Terps 2/25

AgentOrange

So your ideal lineup is Hayes, Grevis, DJ, Ibekwe, Gist with Jones off the bench?

I think tons of the credit for that win needs to go to Gist. He is becoming the big man they thought he would be. He was an absolute monster on both ends of the court.

Yeah, I love Gist's game - and he's become very reliable this season. I'd almost be tempted to go to a real small ball lineup for a few minutes at a time - with Hayes, Grevis, Jones, DJ, and Gist - with DJ at power forward. Forget half court defense - just do full-court presses and run and gun.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I love Gist's game - and he's become very reliable this season. I'd almost be tempted to go to a real small ball lineup for a few minutes at a time - with Hayes, Grevis, Jones, DJ, and Gist - with DJ at power forward. Forget half court defense - just do full-court presses and run and gun.

Spot on, this gaurd offense has been working very well and in the game last night roy williams pointed out that exact thing. Having Jones off the bench might light a fire under him come tourney time!

I think that 12-4 in the conference for this team would be very good. Again, not to keep repeating this, but three freshman starters, and the bench guys, while talented are mostly Second year guys. They're a very young team who lost a few games they probably should've won. They should have won tonight and last week at home vs Va Tech. The other two losses they just got outplayed. Tonight they didnt make plays down the stretch, missed two layups and 9 free throws in the second half. The difference tonight was Maryland's experience over our youth. So no, I wont say they're underacheiving. If they were 7-7, yes, but not 10-4, and #5 in the polls. Did I mention the three Freshman starters.

Is it safe to say that UNC is underachieving now?

Archived