UNC vs Terps 2/25

AgentOrange

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not as underachieving as a team with 6 McDonalds All-Americans who claims they don't have enough talent. ;)

UNC just went into one of their typical no-defense playing funks at the end. I smell an early exit for them in the tourney. They are just too inconsistent on the defensive end, and it's going to bite them.

Just remember last year. The top 8 Teams in the Coaches Poll all failed to make the final four and only 3 made the elite eight. Florida was #9, UCLA #17, LSU #24 and George Mason was unranked. So when you see idiots like Digger and Vitale predicting a Fla,Ohio St, UNC, Kansas final four you know they have no friggin idea what they're talking about.

Just remember last year. The top 8 Teams in the Coaches Poll all failed to make the final four and only 3 made the elite eight. Florida was #9, UCLA #17, LSU #24 and George Mason was unranked. So when you see idiots like Digger and Vitale predicting a Fla,Ohio St, UNC, Kansas final four you know they have no friggin idea what they're talking about.

I don't think UNC has any shot at making the final four. They just cannot play a whole game against a really good team. And, as SG said, they do seem to be getting worse. Ohio St., FL, and Kansas I think have shots. Chances are, one of them gets knocked off. But, at this point, you'd have to say they all have a darn good shot.

You guys have nothing to regret about this one. I think this Heels team is just as talented as the title team of a couple years ago. Ellington is better now than Redick was at his age. I sincerely hope that he, Hansbrough and Lawson decide to leave, because I don't want to see those guys anymore!

Everyone on that floor played their butts off, we just did a little better.

Agreed, I think this team could win it all, although they are prone to defensive lapses. Ellington played great tonight, I think he and Lawson will stay but Tyler and Wright will probably go.

This was a great game, so fun to watch with great plays by both teams. Hopefully a rematch in two weeks in the ACC Final. I'll be cheering for both.

Carolina is a great team,all the young freshman can play. The guy who missed the free throws at the end #34 is going to be a great player, maybe better than Hansbrough. Ellington can light it up.

Hayes and Grevis have Lawson's number and it showed today.

Carolina is a deep team, well coached and could go deep in the NCAA's. It was Marylands day today, but dont sleep on the Terps,they might just win wed too. Guards win in the NCAA's and Grevis, Hayes and Strawberry are playing well now. If Jones keeps it up like today, watch out.

I don't think UNC has any shot at making the final four. They just cannot play a whole game against a really good team. And, as SG said, they do seem to be getting worse. Ohio St., FL, and Kansas I think have shots. Chances are, one of them gets knocked off. But, at this point, you'd have to say they all have a darn good shot.

Yea, good point. I guess you missed the games when Carolina beat NCAA locks like Ohio State, Duke, Virginia, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Winthrop, and Boston College.

I can't disagree more about Ohio State, who got beat handily at Florida and at Carolina earlier in the year. They did score 49 against Wisconsin today though, you got me there.

I totally disagree. They are struggling at the wrong time, sure, but there's too much talent on that team to write them off. They can do everything, offensively - pound it low, shoot the three, slash to the hoop, run the fast break (as the Terps saw more than a few times tonight). They can run the break better than a few NBA teams I've watched this year - they're that fast. And their passing is incredibly tight; nearly every guy handles the ball better than most guys on the Terps.

They need to tighten it up defensively, but other than that, they are freakin' scary. They easily have Final Four talent. Like always, it'll depend on the matchups.

The Refs let that fool Bowers hack the crap out of him. That happens to any other "star" in the country, and you'd see a lot more complaining than that.

Please, there were enough glaring no-calls by Carolina that the Heels have NO room to whine about it. The Terps just closed well and Carolina didn't. The refs didn't have anything to do with it.

You can admit that this is the LEAST talented Duke team since the Ricky Price, Chris Collins, Greg Newton era? We're used to Duke having the best starting 5 in America with a bench that kills them come tourney time. Other than McRoberts who scares you on that team? They win with defense. There's no way we should be tied with them. They've overachieved due to, and it kills me to say it, great coaching.

This is a talented Duke team. They have a lot of AA.

BTW, i don't want to see this turned into another Duke thread so i don't want to get more into this in this thread.

I totally disagree. They are struggling at the wrong time, sure, but there's too much talent on that team to write them off. They can do everything, offensively - pound it low, shoot the three, slash to the hoop, run the fast break (as the Terps saw more than a few times tonight). They can run the break better than a few NBA teams I've watched this year - they're that fast. And their passing is incredibly tight; nearly every guy handles the ball better than most guys on the Terps.

They need to tighten it up defensively, but other than that, they are freakin' scary. They easily have Final Four talent. Like always, it'll depend on the matchups.

No one is writing them off and if they win their final 2 games, they will turn around my original statement of starting to underachieve.

However, this is a team that is playing for a NC. They are playing for a #1 seed.

As a Duke fan, there have been many years where i end up disappointed if they fell short of a final 4, regardless of what else they did.

Yea, i am proud that they have turned the ACC tourney into their own little tourney and i am proud of being ranked #1 and dominating the best conference in the country in a way no other team has but still, without that title or at least final 4 appearance, alot of that goes for not.

If i were a UNC fan(thank god i am not), i would only be happy with a final 4 appearance this year, young team or not.

So, in that regard, they are underachieving right now and they are looking like a team that could get upset early even though they shouldn't.

No one is writing them off and if they win their final 2 games, they will turn around my original statement of starting to underachieve.

However, this is a team that is playing for a NC. They are playing for a #1 seed.

As a Duke fan, there have been many years where i end up disappointed if they fell short of a final 4, regardless of what else they did.

Yea, i am proud that they have turned the ACC tourney into their own little tourney and i am proud of being ranked #1 and dominating the best conference in the country in a way no other team has but still, without that title or at least final 4 appearance, alot of that goes for not.

If i were a UNC fan(thank god i am not), i would only be happy with a final 4 appearance this year, young team or not.

So, in that regard, they are underachieving right now and they are looking like a team that could get upset early even though they shouldn't.

How can you possibly say they are looking like they can be upset? I don't get the logic. Are you and Fruit Loop Kid the same person. He says Carolina can't play a full game and you say they are looking like they can be upset early...

Archived