UNC vs Terps 2/25

AgentOrange

Yea, good point. I guess you missed the games when Carolina beat NCAA locks like Ohio State, Duke, Virginia, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Winthrop, and Boston College.

I can't disagree more about Ohio State, who got beat handily at Florida and at Carolina earlier in the year. They did score 49 against Wisconsin today though, you got me there.

Yeah, and you definitely shouldn't take into account the fact that Oden didn't play. Or, the fact that they also held the #2 team in the nation to 48.

Beating Zona? That counts for honestly nothing. The beat Duke when they were struggling. And, the rest of those are teams that they should beat. I am not saying that UNC isn't good. They are very good. I am saying I don't think they can make the Final Four. No need to act like a snotty child because I don't think your team will make the Final Four. I apologize. They definitely will. Beating Winthrop seals the deal.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, there were enough glaring no-calls by Carolina that the Heels have NO room to whine about it. The Terps just closed well and Carolina didn't. The refs didn't have anything to do with it.

I didn't say the refs had a hand in the outcome. But, they did let Bowers hack Tyler. It didn't change the outcome, but I can see why he was ticked off.

I totally disagree. They are struggling at the wrong time, sure, but there's too much talent on that team to write them off. They can do everything, offensively - pound it low, shoot the three, slash to the hoop, run the fast break (as the Terps saw more than a few times tonight). They can run the break better than a few NBA teams I've watched this year - they're that fast. And their passing is incredibly tight; nearly every guy handles the ball better than most guys on the Terps.

They need to tighten it up defensively, but other than that, they are freakin' scary. They easily have Final Four talent. Like always, it'll depend on the matchups.

I think they have final four talent, I just think their defense is a joke.

And, you managed to disagree with me without acting like I stole your lunch money (unlike others...just joshing ya beaner). Congrats!

Yeah, and you definitely shouldn't take into account the fact that Oden didn't play. Or, the fact that they also held the #2 team in the nation to 48.

Beating Zona? That counts for honestly nothing. The beat Duke when they were struggling. And, the rest of those are teams that they should beat. I am not saying that UNC isn't good. They are very good. I am saying I don't think they can make the Final Four. No need to act like a snotty child because I don't think your team will make the Final Four. I apologize. They definitely will. Beating Winthrop seals the deal.

You said "They have no shot" of making the Final Four and they couldn't beat a good team...I don't want to hear an excuse about every game they won. I'm not acting like a snotty child at all, if you make a statement, just be able to back it up, that's all. Why do you think they have "no shot" of making the Final Four? Not many teams win at Arizona and Duke, whether they are a little down or not. As for Winthrop, I was naming teams that were Locks to be in the dance, which we have more wins over than any of the teams you mentioned.

I'm so sick of the "Oden was out" excuse..Ohio State was still pretty decent without him.

How can you possibly say they are looking like they can be upset? I don't get the logic. Are you and Fruit Loop Kid the same person. He says Carolina can't play a full game and you say they are looking like they can be upset early...

They aren't playing great defense on a consistent basis. They have also lost 3 out of 7.

Again, if they win both games this week, this could go away but i think you are overlooking some issues.

You said "They have no shot" of making the Final Four and they couldn't beat a good team...I don't want to hear an excuse about every game they won. I'm not acting like a snotty child at all, if you make a statement, just be able to back it up, that's all. Why do you think they have "no shot" of making the Final Four? Not many teams win at Arizona and Duke, whether they are a little down or not. As for Winthrop, I was naming teams that were Locks to be in the dance, which we have more wins over than any of the teams you mentioned.

I'm so sick of the "Oden was out" excuse..Ohio State was still pretty decent without him.

I explained why I think they have no shot. I don't think they play enough defense consistently. I think they are good. I think they are capable of beating good teams. I don't think they are capable of beating enough good teams in a row to make the final four. I am not saying they aren't good, but I don't see them in the final four.

I'm sorry if I upset you. I know how valuable my opinion is.

They aren't playing great defense on a consistent basis. They have also lost 3 out of 7.

Again, if they win both games this week, this could go away but i think you are overlooking some issues.

Yes, the defensive lapses are a concern. The losses are not, I didn't expect to win them all.

No one is writing them off and if they win their final 2 games, they will turn around my original statement of starting to underachieve.

However, this is a team that is playing for a NC. They are playing for a #1 seed.

OK, fair enough. I think they played a damn good game tonight, and barely got beat by an extremely hot team playing in front of a home crowd going absolutely batsh!t. Like I said to Beaner, I don't think UNC has anything to worry about. If they had gotten a few breaks and done better at the line, they easily could have won tonight. And then nobody would be calling them underachievers.

Unless they lose their next three, I think they're easily a #2 seed, maybe a #1.

But not as good as they would have been.

They may have still lost but when their best player isn't playing and OSU still plays with them, in UNC, i think it is valid to bring it up.

Yes, the defensive lapses are a concern. The losses are not, I didn't expect to win them all.

But you also didn't think they would lose 4 i bet. You even said, in the thread in the NCAA section about who wins the ACC, that you didn't see any other team having a shot. Well, THREE other teams have a shot as of right now.

Again, losing to MD is not a problem. MD is a good team and are always tough at home but it is the big picture.

And those defensive lapses are what could cost them a tourney game.

But not as good as they would have been.

They may have still lost but when their best player isn't playing and OSU still plays with them, in UNC, i think it is valid to bring it up.

I'll buy that. You know how I feel about Ohio State anyway, but I see your point.

I think they have final four talent, I just think their defense is a joke.
Well, this is only the second time I've seen UNC all year, and I didn't really watch the OSU game that closely, so I can't really diagnose their defensive issues that authoritatively. Maybe Beaner has some insights into it. I saw some glimpses of good defense, but like everyone's said, they have big lapses sometimes. I wouldn't say their D is a joke, it's just inconsistent. Maybe they should go with more zone looks instead of the man-to-man they played most of tonight's game. I really don't know. But I do think they have it in them to play D - if not great, at least good enough to beat pretty much anyone, given their insane offensive talent.

I explained why I think they have no shot. I don't think they play enough defense consistently. I think they are good. I think they are capable of beating good teams. I don't think they are capable of beating enough good teams in a row to make the final four. I am not saying they aren't good, but I don't see them in the final four.

I'm sorry if I upset you. I know how valuable my opinion is.

I admit my concern about the defense, but most teams in the country can't get up the floor like Maryland can. I like Kansas, UCLA, Georgetown, and UNC right now for the record.

No need to apologize, although the Snotty Kid comment was a bit uncalled for. It's cool.

I admit my concern about the defense, but most teams in the country can't get up the floor like Maryland can. I like Kansas, UCLA, Georgetown, and UNC right now for the record.

No need to apologize, although the Snotty Kid comment was a bit uncalled for. It's cool.

Florida is still better than all of those teams.

It was meant in jest...but, sarcasm doesn't work so hot with typing. It's all good.

I think Gtown is going to be really tough. They have tremendous athletes, they have shooters, and they play great defense.

Archived