UNC vs Terps 2/25

AgentOrange

So who else is excited about this game?!

I am very interested to see, with the way we have been playing, how we stack up to the best over the next two games.

Sure, Duke isn't in top form, but at CIS, it will be a true test.

NC State is playing better, so I am hoping we win the last game of the season, if we do, we should be in the dance. Making these games worth extra credit. If we win, that helps our seeding in both the ACC and NCAA tourneys. If not, the NC State game is Huge! So is the ACC tourney.

I will be at the game, and I can't wait, anyone else going?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So who else is excited about this game?!

I am very interested to see, with the way we have been playing, how we stack up to the best over the next two games.

Sure, Duke isn't in top form, but at CIS, it will be a true test.

NC State is playing better, so I am hoping we win the last game of the season, if we do, we should be in the dance. Making these games worth extra credit. If we win, that helps our seeding in both the ACC and NCAA tourneys. If not, the NC State game is Huge! So is the ACC tourney.

I will be at the game, and I can't wait, anyone else going?

Not going but just as excited! The terps are catching the heels at the right time. They are really playing in sync. Here is the key to victory though. DO NOT GET IN FOUL TROUBLE! Thorton had a very off night against us, and they could not hit their free throws. Hansborough will not have an off game if gist and ibekwe are in foul trouble early. The heels will play defense and as always, gist should get a touch of the ball every possesion; it's working! This is huge and this game, and single handedly will put us in the tourney if we win it.

MD 84

Heels 83

Not going but just as excited! The terps are catching the heels at the right time. They are really playing in sync. Here is the key to victory though. DO NOT GET IN FOUL TROUBLE! Thorton had a very off night against us' date=' and they could not hit their free throws. Hansborough will not have an off game if gist and ibekwe are in foul trouble early. The heels will play defense and as always, gist should get a touch of the ball every possesion; it's working! This is huge and this game, and single handedly will put us in the tourney if we win it.

[/quote']

The Terps are already in the tourney, imo. I hope they don't get too hyped up for the UNC game. Just play good basketball - like they did last night. Avoid burnout, and continue to get better. If you don't get too high, you won't get too low.

I think they're in the dance, as long as they beat NCSt. That said, beating UNC would be huge, for both ACC and NCAA seeding. We still lack that one true marquee win that could vault us up to a 5 or 6 seed. Maybe even a 4, if we win out and win at least one ACC tourney game.

Hansbrough is going to be a beast to guard. I'd prefer to keep anyone but Gist on him, because the one guy we cannot afford to have in foul trouble is Gist. We'll need his offense, big time.

This is going to be an exciting game. Comcast is going to be off the chain, and both teams love to run. I just hope the refs let the teams play - on both sides. It'd be a shame to see the best players getting charged with ticky-tack fouls and having to sit. Although I certainly won't complain if Hansbrough and Terry take a seat like our starters did last night. :D

The Terps are already in the tourney, imo. I hope they don't get too hyped up for the UNC game. Just play good basketball - like they did last night. Avoid burnout, and continue to get better. If you don't get too high, you won't get too low.

I think if the terps lost their next 3 and their 1st round game in the ACC tourney it would be pretty close. However, 1 win is all it will take at this point imo.

Dont be suprised if the Terps beat either NC or Dook.

If they cannot win 1 game in the next 3 they do not deserve to make the NCAA's, for than matterDook does not deserve to make the NCAA's if they are not 8-8 or better in the conference either. If either is under 500, they should need to make a run in the ACC Tournement to make it

I will be at the next 2 home games, and at the ACC Tournement in Tampa. Unless I get stuck in Mons Venus between games in Tampa.

This is the type of game that can get you a high seed in the tourney. The committee loves looking at a teams last 10 games. If we can win 2 of next 3 and beat Carolina in the process we will look really good 23-8 going into the ACC tourney. Win a few there and we could be looking at 25-9 with a high RPI, high SOS and we could realistically be looking at a four or five seed. I am so impressed at how we have turned our season around. Reminds me of 2001.

Agent Orange, if you do not have a parking pass you will need to park near Rt1 to be able to drink anywhere. Park near the main gate on Rt 1, walk up to the main drag and either Bentleys (duh!) or Cornerstone. If you want a more laid back less formal place go to Town Hall, by the Firehouse and river, before the main entrance.

If you dont mind driving, go to EJ Landing it sucks though. Also Hard Times Cafe off Cherry Lane, beside Home Depot is good, both food and drink . There is always Ledos on University Blvd. Huge crowd there though.

Have fun.

I think that the bigger game is against NCST. I would rather lose to UNC and Duke and beat NCST then get one of UNC/Duke and lose at NCST (although a road win at Duke would give us a 7-5 record on the road/neutral). As far as I'm concerned these games are just to boost our seed. But I agree that we really just need one more win, we might even be fine if we lose the next three but I rather not find out.

Hopefully we'll kick some butt today. Win out these last three games and we could be a 5 seed in the tourny.

Ok, so I want to go down early and drink before the game. I don't have a parking pass.

So two questions are.

Where is the best place to park?

and

Where is the best place to drink after I park?

Thanks in advance.

I'd try to park on College Ave, Knox, or any one of those streets to the east of Rt. 1. Get some Chipotle. Then go to one of the three or four bars (:rolleyes: ) at Rt. 1 and Knox. Get sh!tty. Then walk to Comcast.

How did you get tickets, BTW? I need to get myself back there at some point.

Alright alright I finally did it. The only brand of organic at Wal Mart was Smuckers, so I stirred in a little salt and am currently feasting. Its delicious. The absence of excess crap is noticeable.

For the game though I think I'm gonna eat the extra burrito I got at Chipotle on the way back to school, followed by some pinenut roll from Tio Pepes. A greasy cheesesteak may also hop in my belly considering its success against Duke.

Archived