Henry Urrutia looking to help Orioles fill void in right field

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point Bundy is not even playing in the minors. If they put him on the 60 day DL he could be activated the next day because he has been out so long. The money he would get paid in not that much more than what he is getting under his contract.

So Bundy's roster spot is basically an open spot if he is place on the 60 day DL.

And come September first I am sure Dan will have someone to use that spot.

I actually personally witnessed Nolan Reimold starting a game in center field! He's not a good left/right fielder. Don't tell me Buck will never play a poor defender. Delmon isn't as good as Reimold.

I witnessed Nelson Cruz play center field for Buck.

The O's know something that I don't in promoting Urrutia over Mancini. I would like to understand the logic of this move.

Stats don't always tell the whole story. Plenty of guys tear AA and amount to nothing. If the O's scouting department does not feel he is ready to contribute I will defer to them as their opinion is based coaching input and more than just reading a gaudy stat line

When he is ready they will bring him up.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Stats don't always tell the whole story. Plenty of guys tear AA and amount to nothing. If the O's scouting department does not feel he is ready to contribute I will defer to them as their opinion is based coaching input and more than just reading a gaudy stat line

When he is ready they will bring him up.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

So what you are saying he the scouts think Urrutia is a better hitter than Mancini?

Its obvious that the Organization feels this way, or they wouldn't have made this move.

I don't think that's true at all. They don't play the same position, they're not at the same point in their development curves. Urrutia is on the 40-man, Mancini isn't. Urrutia has been optioned to the minors, Mancini has no need to have been. The organization's opinion of their relative hitting abilities barely registers in this decision.

Maybe he was just channeling Altobelli in the Sakata game. Cruz in center isn't that much crazier than Roenicke at third. Along with Brother Lo in the infield for the first time in the 80s.

CoF to CF, isn't all that crazy, in a pinch.

But, that was a wild game in Oriole History for sure.

I don't think that's true at all. They don't play the same position, they're not at the same point in their development curves. Urrutia is on the 40-man, Mancini isn't. Urrutia has been optioned to the minors, Mancini has no need to have been. The organization's opinion of their relative hitting abilities barely registers in this decision.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

40 Man roster hasn't seem to be a problem to the FO.

They are making a roster move, it's apparent that the team needs a bat, foremost.

I would hope they bring up the guy they feel can best produce in that regards.

Of course, I could be very wrong, as it's just my opinion.

Maybe Tony is right and DD is just a bit crazy this season.

The Organization has a good deal of money and time invested in Henry. Maybe they would like to use this opportunity to see if they need to continue doing this. Maybe they want to know if they should protect him this winter.

Archived