Kurkjian: O's Jones "Unique Player and Person"

MASNPalmer

Wait, what? I thought blowing bubbles was the bane of our existence and the reason we haven't won a World Series since he's been here.:D

Do you see him blowing them catching the ball the last two years? I have watched him close. I dont see him doing it in the field when the ball arrives anymore. I think he has matured and has stopped. But Im sure you will say he is blowing them left and right still.

Compare him to Ken Rosenthal and you see a gilded craftsman as opposed to a formulaic muckracker.

Not arguing with your general attitude towards Rosenthal, I share it, but for all the slime he trails behind him I think he's nonetheless a highly skilled yellow journalist. The way he spun out the Duquette to Toronto saga was nothing short of masterful.

I'm a Kurkjian fan as well.

Not arguing with your general attitude towards Rosenthal, I share it, but for all the slime he trails behind him I think he's nonetheless a highly skilled yellow journalist. The way he spun out the Duquette to Toronto saga was nothing short of masterful.

I'm a Kurkjian fan as well.

But...Posnanski is the best going right now.

Do you see him blowing them catching the ball the last two years? I have watched him close. I dont see him doing it in the field when the ball arrives anymore. I think he has matured and has stopped. But Im sure you will say he is blowing them left and right still.

The big grinning emoticon says I was joking. I don't care if he plays with a giant bubble all game.

But...Posnanski is the best going right now.

In this proud land we grew up strong

We were wanted all along

I was taught to fight, taught to win

I never thought I could fail

No fight left or so it seems

I am a man whose dreams have all deserted

I've changed my face, I've changed my name

But no one wants you when you lose

Don't give up

'Cause you have friends

He is still blowing them...but he has was much better in CF last year so I am good with it.

Compare him to Ken Rosenthal and you see a gilded craftsman as opposed to a formulaic muckracker.

Totally different types of reporters. Kurkjian writes about the players and the game, Rosenthal largely writes about the possible transactions, rumors, etc.

Archived