Cameron Tonight!

sangell2007

Sports Guy (or anyone), have you ever been to C.I.S. (aka Dixon Indoor Stadium)? I'm making my first trip for the Maryland/Duke game tonight, and although I'll be sitting at press row, I should get the chance to get the full fan experience. I've been in the building before, so I've seen all the Duke H.O.F. stuff. Never been there for a game, though. Anyone know of anything I should make sure to see while I'm there?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sports Guy (or anyone), have you ever been to C.I.S. (aka Dixon Indoor Stadium)? I'm making my first trip for the Maryland/Duke game tonight, and although I'll be sitting at press row, I should get the chance to get the full fan experience. I've been in the building before, so I've seen all the Duke H.O.F. stuff. Never been there for a game, though. Anyone know of anything I should make sure to see while I'm there?

A Maryland victory, of course!!!

All the hot Duke coeds!! Oh wait. Nevermind.

I take it you'll be there reporting on the game? Or will you be allowed to sport the Red and Black? Where will you be sitting? It'll be fun to look for you on TV. I'm very jealous; my band played a show at Duke last spring, but I didn't get the chance to see Cameron.

(We did drive past the house where the supposed "lacrosse rape" happened, but that's another story altogether...)

Have a great time, and go Terps!

Busta,

I lived down there for a few years and have been to numerous games, Tickets, including Final 4 are not as difficult to get as one would think.

If you have seen all the HOF stuff and the trophies there is not that much to see, you can't get into the basketball offices without a thumb scan-the elevator is in the HOF wing. On campus the catherdral and gardens are worth seeing. Nothing to see in Durham. If you have time head over to Chapel Hill have lunch at the 4 corners restaurant (made famous by Phil Ford) on Franklin and check out the Dean Dome and Carmichael. Chapel Hill is maybe 10 minutes from Durham on 15/501. Keenan stadium (UNC football) is the best setting in the country (IMO).

If MD is able to win in Cameron tonight against a Duke team playing well right now, do you guys start to entertain the thought of making a serious run in the NCAA tournament?

And by serious run, I mean, would you think we could win the whole thing?

MD doesn't need to win tonight for anyone to think they could make a run. Not sure this team can win the whole thing but i do think they could be a sweet 16 team and if they get that far, anything can happen.

If MD is able to win in Cameron tonight against a Duke team playing well right now, do you guys start to entertain the thought of making a serious run in the NCAA tournament?

And by serious run, I mean, would you think we could win the whole thing?

As wide open as the tournament looks like it's going to be, I think Maryland could be a Final Four team. They've got good guards, young or not, and senior leadership at the other spots. A great in game coach doesnt hurt either.

Well with all the talk about getting into the tournament, I hadn't thought about what MD might be able to do once they actually got there. It just occured to me that a run to the Final Four really isn't out of the question if they keep playing like this. Of course, neither is a first-round loss either.

What a difference a few weeks makes.

Well with all the talk about getting into the tournament, I hadn't thought about what MD might be able to do once they actually got there. It just occured to me that a run to the Final Four really isn't out of the question if they keep playing like this. Of course, neither is a first-round loss either.

What a difference a few weeks makes.

No question about that, nothing would surprise any of us with this group of Terps. My Heels face the same thing in my opinion. If they play like they can, they could roll through the whole tourney. If they play like they did the last 5 minutes in College Park they could be bounced early as well.

Boy can I explain how excited I am for tonight, should be absolutely electric and it's time to show why Duke ranked ahead of the terps is wrong. Yes I said it like so many others have. I predict that the place will be going nuts the whole game until the last minute when UMD pulls out the big win

UMD 87

Duke 84

Boy can I explain how excited I am for tonight' date=' should be absolutely electric and it's time to show why Duke ranked ahead of the terps is wrong. Yes I said it like so many others have. I predict that the place will be going nuts the whole game until the last minute when UMD pulls out the big win

UMD 87

Duke 84[/quote']I'll go for a three-point win as well, except I will predict that Mike Jones will hit a 3 at the buzzer.

Archived