Machado Batting Leadoff 3/19

Camden_yardbird

I feel like this is notable. He stole a base and was driven in by Jones. Now Paredes is playing LF, not De Aza, who many believe will batt at the top of the lineup.

Regardless of what it means for De Aza and Paredes, it is notable because they have let him steal two bases this spring. Manny appears to be in peak form even after a second knee surgery. They are not babying him at all even though the games are meaningless. That tells me they are not worried about the knees. He must be 100% and that could mean a big year.

I feel like this is notable. He stole a base and was driven in by Jones. Now Paredes is playing LF, not De Aza, who many believe will batt at the top of the lineup.

I can live with Machado getting the most at bats on the team (aside from Jones with his 160 games played).

Regardless of what it means for De Aza and Paredes, it is notable because they have let him steal two bases this spring. Manny appears to be in peak form even after a second knee surgery. They are not babying him at all even though the games are meaningless. That tells me they are not worried about the knees. He must be 100% and that could mean a big year.

I could have sworn that I saw a quote from Buck stating that the runners are on their own in spring.

I agree and it looks promising but if you're worried about him reaggravating something, its more likely after a couple months when he starts feeling fatigued, not in ST.

Archived