The Steven Souza Follies

Frobby

• 1 month later...
I remember when some of us on the board (including me) were intrigued by the guy as a possible cheap trade target in the OF. We're going to see whether the guy's ML caliber this year as an opponent.

What do y'all think after this series? I didn't get to watch much except the end of Friday's game so didn't see much of SSJ in action. Player along the calibre of past Tampa nemeses like Zobrist and Joyce? Or another 0 WAR bust? :scratchchinhmm:

What do y'all think after this series? I didn't get to watch much except the end of Friday's game so didn't see much of SSJ in action. Player along the calibre of past Tampa nemeses like Zobrist and Joyce? Or another 0 WAR bust? :scratchchinhmm:

On pace for 2.9fWAR over 162 games, a decent to good every day regular.

On pace for 2.9fWAR over 162 games, a decent to good every day regular.

Hmm....

Can we add in that stolen base attempt when the rookie pitcher who has never pitched higher then A ball had a 3-0 count on the batter?
Yes that certainly qualifies.

I think we're calling him dumb.

Dumb or not, Steven Souza has twice as many home runs (10) as anyone else on the Tampa Bay team. Combined with bad defense, he has about as much value so far as Travis Snider and Delmon Young -- more value than Lough and Pearce, and significantly more than De Aza who was below replacement level.

Dumb or not, Steven Souza has twice as many home runs (10) as anyone else on the Tampa Bay team. Combined with bad defense, he has about as much value so far as Travis Snider and Delmon Young -- more value than Lough and Pearce, and significantly more than De Aza who was below replacement level.

So not a Buck guy? ;) haha thanks! I love nemeses! :cussing:

Archived