2015 A.L. East Standings

OFFNY

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees are really off to a hot start. I think a lot of use thought this would be the year that they finally fell apart.

Their lineup is being carried in part by Teixeira who has 9 homeruns despite barely batting over .200 and ARod, who I don't think can be expected to keep up his current rate of productivity. They also have issues with their SP. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck around and contended for the playoffs for most of the summer. Their bullpen is shutdown and the top of their order Ellsbury-Gardner is the best in the division.

Yankees are really off to a hot start. I think a lot of use thought this would be the year that they finally fell apart.

Their lineup is being carried in part by Teixeira who has 9 homeruns despite barely batting over .200 and ARod, who I don't think can be expected to keep up his current rate of productivity. They also have issues with their SP. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck around and contended for the playoffs for most of the summer. Their bullpen is shutdown and the top of their order Ellsbury-Gardner is the best in the division.

Yep, either they are just off to a hot start, or many of us underestimated them. I'm not sure which it is yet; I've always thought their SP issues would doom them, but if they can keep getting decent performances from guys like Pineda and Eovaldi, and CC turns it around, they could potentially hang in the race for awhile. They still have a good amount of firepower in the lineup (A-Rod, Tex, Ellsbury, Gardner, McCann, Chris Young) and a shutdown back end of the bullpen.

Yep, either they are just off to a hot start, or many of us underestimated them. I'm not sure which it is yet; I've always thought their SP issues would doom them, but if they can keep getting decent performances from guys like Pineda and Eovaldi, and CC turns it around, they could potentially hang in the race for awhile. They still have a good amount of firepower in the lineup (A-Rod, Tex, Ellsbury, Gardner, McCann, Chris Young) and a shutdown back end of the bullpen.

Yeah, the SP is surprising. The defense (particularly IF) is much better.

Despite the unsurprising Tanaka injury, the Yankees are actually the healthiest team in the division right now. No key position players are hurt (Ryan, Pirela) and the only other pitching issues are rotation filler (Capuano, Nova). Yet the roster is still full of players with injury risk. We'll just have to see.

There's also Joe Girardi, who has made a believer out of me after the past two seasons.

The Yankees aren't this good. Their rotation is bunk. They have a very good bullpen, but a geriatric core of players that has a lineup of guys playing way above their heads (Young, Tex, ARod). They'll come back down to Earth.

Hitting against the Red Sox rotation will make many teams look good.

The Yankees aren't this good. Their rotation is bunk. They have a very good bullpen, but a geriatric core of players that has a lineup of guys playing way above their heads (Young, Tex, ARod). They'll come back down to Earth.

Hitting against the Red Sox rotation will make many teams look good.

We'll have our chance soon enough.

Archived