Miguel Gonzalez Today 2015

Il BuonO

o

13 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. ROYALS, 8/25)

IP:. 4.33

H:;; 6 (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 3

SO: 1

Pitches: 92 (54 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2015 ERA: 4.78

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (10 Strikes, 31 Balls)

18 (12 Strikes, 61 Balls)

39 (21 Strikes, 18 Balls)

17 (91 Strikes, 81 Balls)

51 (21 Strikes, 31 Balls) *

* Gonzalez recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

13 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. ROYALS, 8/25)

IP:. 4.33

H:;; 6 (1 Home Run, 1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 3

SO: 1

Pitches: 92 (54 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2015 ERA: 4.78

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (10 Strikes, 31 Balls)

18 (12 Strikes, 61 Balls)

39 (21 Strikes, 18 Balls)

17 (91 Strikes, 81 Balls)

51 (21 Strikes, 31 Balls) *

* Gonzalez recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

Ugh....the beat goes on.

I was slightly surprised Buck yanked him when he did. Not a great game but he had sort of settled down.

Meh, if you mean from his almost 40 pitch 3rd inning, I guess. He threw 9 strikes against 8 balls in the 4th so he still didn't have a good ratio. There's no bite to his curve and his splitter often doesn't sink.

I think he's still hurt BTW.

Idk why he keeps on getting excused for poor performance with a mystery injury. If he was never right then he should never returned. If he's not right now then he needs to tell someone because he's hurting the team, not helping. I don't buy it.

I almost hope he is hurt, because the alternative is that he's just bad.

It's the alternative.

Idk why he keeps on getting excused for poor performance with a mystery injury. If he was never right then he should never returned. If he's not right now then he needs to tell someone because he's hurting the team, not helping. I don't buy it.

It's the alternative.

He needs to have a complete medical exam. See if he's still hurting from before.

If he's perfectly healthy, then perhaps his mechanics are still affected by the old injury that he no longer has.

It's the alternative.

Never mind his performance over the two prior seasons and the first half of this year seem to indicate the complete opposite. The guy got hurt, he came back and has struggled, that usually means one of two things, he is either not a 100% or his mechanics have gotten wonky. Mechanics can be fixed. Gonzo did not become a scrub over night, If you want to believe that narrative then that's fine but I think its more likely a correctable issue. When right, Gonzo is a good #4 or #5 pitcher.

NOT nearly good enough and I believe more evidence that whatever is wrong with him isn't improving and thus he should be either DL'd or optioned. He simply doesn't give us even a decent start and hasn't for some time.

7 IP, 3 R wasn't a decent outing? That was all of ten days ago. He hasn't been good often enough lately, but it's not like he's stunk every time. In his last 10 starts he's had three quality starts, four terrible ones and three where he allowed 2-3 runs but only lasted 4.1 - 5.1 innings. Not good enough, but I don't think he's hurt and I doubt Buck yanks him from the rotation.

This team is misfiring all over. Wildcard had a very good post 2 weeks ago that said we needed to give Gonzo some rest for the benefit of the team. We mostly all agreed and figured it would happen...

Meanwhile.....he is still a deer in the headlights ...so frustrating.

I love Gonzo but clearly something is wrong. The Orioles brass should have realized this by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This team is misfiring all over. Wildcard had a very good post 2 weeks ago that said we needed to give Gonzo some rest for the benefit of the team. We mostly all agreed and figured it would happen...

Meanwhile.....he is still a deer in the headlights ...so frustrating.

I love Gonzo but clearly something is wrong. The Orioles brass should have realized this by now.

As I said in the game thread, they don't have anyone ready to step into the rotation.

Keep in mind this freefall is happening during a stretch without an off day.

Not like they can skip Gonzo.

Wildcard detailed various options. I'll try to find the thread.

I think many of them or by committee for one or two starts would have been better.

I saw the thread.

But without days off or a body to call up I don't see how you rest Gonzo without throwing someone else on short rest.

Archived