O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

o

The game will not being at 7:05 P.M. (I just heard on the news.)

I don't know if the postponement is for a couple of hours., or completely postpones until a future date.

More bad news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rob Manfred: "It's possible these games could be played elsewhere."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manfred: MLB officials getting guidance from city and police in making decisions on series.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not. I do not live in Baltimore so I have been watching the national news and it looks like a disaster. At least one officer unresponsive, reported broken bones, more than one police vehicle on fire and one was being looted with a helicopter overhead and it looked like a swat team arrived to avoid firearms and other items from being stolen.

Toilet paper?

I was watching Fox45. They were sowing the store looting and all the kids carrying stuff out and having a good time with the cameramen. No police around. I was watching the live local feed. Not a joke at all.

Maybe the commissioner had something to do with it?

Perhaps. It was the right thing to do regardless of who is at the yard tonight. Right or wrong, I would have called it once the news broke that things were going to fall apart starting at 3pm. It's just one game. If you can postpone for rain, you can postpone for this. I understand you'd rather not, but this qualifies as an exception, IMO.

More bad news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rob Manfred: "It's possible these games could be played elsewhere."</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

Oh he would love to do that.

Any chance to punish the O's.

Perhaps. It was the right thing to do regardless of who is at the yard tonight. Right or wrong, I would have called it once the news broke that things were going to fall apart starting at 3pm. It's just one game. If you can postpone for rain, you can postpone for this. I understand you'd rather not, but this qualifies as an exception, IMO.

Again, there were other issues in play and I assume that they wanted to keep the city open until it became closed. I am not certain this was an Orioles decision either way.

More bad news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rob Manfred: "It's possible these games could be played elsewhere."</p>? Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manfred: MLB officials getting guidance from city and police in making decisions on series.</p>? Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

Well...I have to be in Philly in the afternoon, so that would be a cool DH spot.

I was watching Fox45. They were sowing the store looting and all the kids carrying stuff out and having a good time with the cameramen. No police around. I was watching the live local feed. Not a joke at all.

The coverage with helicopters overhead are absolutely embarrassing. It looks completely out of control.

More bad news

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manfred: MLB officials getting guidance from city and police in making decisions on series.</p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

Harbor Park in Norfolk seats 12,000 and change.

Prince George's Stadium in Bowie seats 10,000, but it is much closer to Baltimore than is Norfolk.

I don't think the authorities wanted to give the city over to the mobs just yet.

Archived