O's offer vouchers to Saturday's ticket buyers - Monday AND Tuesday Games PPD

Creamsicle

I think i was pretty save going to the Inner Harbor.

900x506

From what I read these guys are apart of an Infantry Brigade Combat Team. Infantry men are trained to kill. Not sure if that is the best recipe for success if some of these guys are war vets with combat experience and a little PTSD.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I read these guys are apart of an Infantry Brigade Combat Team. Infantry men are trained to kill. Not sure if that is the best recipe for success if some of these guys are war vets with combat experience and a little PTSD.

Your comments show a profound lack of understanding.

Your comments show a profound lack of understanding.

Ok ok, I was being slightly facetious and don't really think anything is going to happen. But I'm pretty sure these Soldiers aren'ttrained in riot control and its not out of the realm of possibilities that something could happen. Please share your wisdom.

A

Ok ok, I was being slightly facetious and don't really think anything is going to happen. But I'm pretty sure these Soldiers aren'ttrained in riot control and its not out of the realm of possibilities that something could happen. Please share your wisdom.

How about no politics or modern warfare talk on a Baseball Forum.

Lets not be ridiculous. The National Guard is well trained to perform in these types of environments.

You may be pretty sure, but you're wrong. Annual training is conducted by every National Guard unit in crowd control, civil disturbances and even riot containment.

First off who would you rather have there then the Infantry? Obviously if a Military Police unit of sufficient size was available then they would be the first choice, other then that? Would you want a transportation battalion out there? Artillery maybe? Air Defense?

Secondly these are highly disciplined troops, they have set orders and rules of engagement. I would be surprised to learn that their weapons are loaded.

Thirdly they probably have had some degree of training in crowd control. I know I had some exercises and that was an intel guy attached to an air defense unit.

Fourth, combat experience would be a good thing since they are a lot less likely to get rattled if things turn south.

Fifth, I found your comment about PTSD rather offensive.

First off who would you rather have there then the Infantry? Obviously if a Military Police unit of sufficient size was available then they would be the first choice, other then that? Would you want a transportation battalion out there? Artillery maybe? Air Defense?

Secondly these are highly disciplined troops, they have set orders and rules of engagement. I would be surprised to learn that their weapons are loaded.

Thirdly they probably have had some degree of training in crowd control. I know I had some exercises and that was an intel guy attached to an air defense unit.

Fourth, combat experience would be a good thing since they are a lot less likely to get rattled if things turn south.

Nice response.

I believe in most cases, they are armed with rubber crowd control bullets, which can be lethal, but more effective in crowd control than normal semi automatic ammunition.

You're right. It was a dumb thing to post and I'll take the hit on that. I'm active duty and not too familiar with National Guard training. Wasn't insinuating that another branch would be better suited for this and definitely did not mean anything offensive with the PTSD comment. I've been to war and know plenty of guys with issues from it. This is an awful situation and hope it gets resolved soon so we can all watch some Orioles baseball.

Archived