Some stuff

bigbird

As usual read into this as little or as much as you want. Spoke with my contact today and was told we have supplied the Cubs physical info on Roberts and Payton. He's heard nothing of a deal being close though. We are also trying to sign Kyle Lohse to a one year deal but we're not his first choice it seems. Nothing talks at all concerning Millar to the Mets.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As usual read into this as little or as much as you want. Spoke with my contact today and was told we have supplied the Cubs physical info on Roberts and Payton. He's heard nothing of a deal being close though. We are also trying to sign Kyle Lohse to a one year deal but we're not his first choice it seems. Nothing talks at all concerning Millar to the Mets.

Kyle Lohse? Yuck..

Thanks, bigbird..

Reminds me of the kid who puts his hands over his eyes and says "You can't see me!" :)

Hey...I resemble that remark! ;)

I just think this thing has dragged on too long. If we were going to deal him, I think it would've been done by now...but what do I know? :confused:

I hope we've got some other moves up our sleeves. I'm not at all excited about the prospect of having Luis Hernandez as our every day shortstop.

It doesn't matter. This is still destined to be a 700 post topic before it winds down, same as every other Roberts one.

Yep...you've seen one Brian Roberts thread...you've seen 'em all! :D

I wonder if I can get a copywright on that phrase? :confused:;)

Mets officials remain divided on free-agent right-hander Kyle Lohse. Some view Lohse as protection against an injury to righty Orlando Hernandez. Others see him as unnecessary in the wake of the Johan Santana trade. Righty Mike Pelfrey currently is the Mets' sixth starter, and the return of righty Duaner Sanchez from a dislocated shoulder would add depth to the bullpen.

The buzz among scouts on the East Coast of Florida is that the Cardinals are pursuing Lohse, but sources indicate that the team is not interested. The Orioles have kicked around the idea of signing Lohse, but only if the price is right. Lohse would hold little value to the Orioles if he were merely the difference between, say, 65 and 68 wins

Source - Ken Rosenthal

Archived