vs. YANKEES, 5/07

OFFNY

I didn't have a problem with Machado's bunt. It got the runner to 3rd base with less than 2 outs, and it might have been a base hit if it were a better bunt, because it caught the Yankees by surprise.

I have a problem with Jones' choking in his plate appearance after having showed great patience by laying off of the first 2 pitches.

I have an even bigger problem with Paredes being caught napping on the pick-off.

The pitcher was laboring, action in the pen and Manny is red hot and that is the time to bunt? The ball flies in that place. Swing the bat.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is why buck can't win a World Series.

What, because he plays Delmon and Pearce out of position? Because he won't fire John Russell? Because he doesn't allow veteran leadership to set the lineup or schedule the work outs? Because the team has gone bankrupt and the new owners want their own guy?

This is why buck can't win a World Series.

The only thing I can take from this of what your trying to say is that this is an example of the players "worn out" by Buck. The way their playing is concerning and frustrating but I think it's still too early to make a final judgement on that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I only watched the first two innings.  I didn’t think he’d last much longer because he looked very hittable to that point.  I really question the pitch selection to Rorthsveldt on a 1-2 pitch with a man on third and one out.  He just swung threw a up in the zone fastball, Suarez’ best pitch.  Throw another one same spot, or higher, or in, or even try to bury a changeup low.  Anything to try and get a swing and miss.  But a two seamer (that’s what they called it) down and away? Credit to Suarez for giving us 5.  I don’t really think he’s a starter but he’s getting it done.  Why can he hit 97 in the first inning but not in relief?   I guess it’s a warmup thing.  The 2023-24 Orioles are very good at “winning ugly”.   They find a way more often than not.
    • I hadn’t heard an up to date report on Gillen’s arm.  He’s two years out from that surgery so that’s certainly not good.   I like Lindsey too.  The only real drawbacks are that he’s a RH hitter and the power projection is questionable but he’s got top of the line speed. I’m really not interested in the hit first college types like Amick.   I’d like to see them go HS position player or roll the dice on a Brody Brecht/Jonathan Santucci college pitcher with big stuff and command issues.   At #22 and #32 maybe they can do both.
    • We've really needed Suarez to step up, and so far he has. He does this a couple more times, I might be a believer.
    • Been going downhill ever since Roy started calling for him in the pen. The jinx goes both ways.
    • Suarez traveled 🧳 a long road to arrive with the Orioles . I can’t help but root for him to succeed this season 
    • Before the season, I was one in trade Mateo camp . He only played SS , but with Gunnar locking up SS , I was not sure about his value anymore. But when he started playing at Second and CF , he looked like he picking up at these positions.  I think maybe he should be their utility player now. 
    • I  regret to hear news on Wells and Means setbacks.  I like Means because Orioles drafted and developed him .  He will be free agent this fall , should Orioles tender him or let him walk ? As for Wells, he has the stuff but durability is his drawback . Every season Orioles slotted him in starting rotation, then he gets put on IL this season, 2023 and 2022 seasons also .  When Wells returns next season  , they should slot him in bullpen permanently  , JMO 
  • Popular Contributors