vs. YANKEES, 5/07

OFFNY

This team is not likely to be one to go on long win streaks. It didn't find itself 6.5 or 7.5 out this time last year either. The record may be similar but all the East games in the first two months makes this strategically worse than last year. Hope we win two at least but we could also lose 3 in a row too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that this team probably won't go on a long win streak. But any team in this division could easily go on a long losing streak enabling anyone to get back in.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We didn't sign them. I get it. Do you think anyone on this board doesn't know this or that repeating it a hundred times serves a purpose?

But it's a pretty big deal. Remember if we all just agreed on everything and just put on the orange colored glasses it would make for a pretty boring message board.

I agree that this team probably won't go on a long win streak. But any team in this division could easily go on a long losing streak enabling anyone to get back in.

Hope you are right. But a complete shutdown bullpen like the MFYs have is in their favor in avoiding long losing streaks.

But it's a pretty big deal. Remember if we all just agreed on everything and just put on the orange colored glasses it would make for a pretty boring message board.

Yes, but the reminder that we didn't sign Cruz or Miller has been noted numerous times in every single game thread including spring training and has multiple threads devoted only to that topic in the forum. It has been beat to death, imho. I prefer to talk about the team we do have. We don't have Jake Arrieta or Jose Bautista or Jayson Werth either. Decisions were made. You disagree with them. We get it.

Hope you are right. But a complete shutdown bullpen like the MFYs have is in their favor in avoiding long losing streaks.

Funny thing is we haven't really blown any leads. It's why we can't just give away games like tonight so that Tillman can try to get an almighty W. We need to save those give away games for when Britton blows a save eventually.

This team is not likely to be one to go on long win streaks. It didn't find itself 6.5 or 7.5 out this time last year either. The record may be similar but all the East games in the first two months makes this strategically worse than last year. Hope we win two at least but we could also lose 3 in a row too.

We're 4 1/2 out. 2 under. And we're 4 weeks in, not "two months". You can stretch facts to try and make your point but you're still wrong!

We are totally a team that can go on a streak. We already went on a streak with 7 QS in a row. Our offense can run cold for a while, but it can run RED HOT for streaks too! We were .500 at the END of May last year and finished 30 OVER!

You're just being negative for the sake of being negative.

Archived