Losing year and the Effect on Buck

Davey

Yeah, stats wise he's doing okay, though he never gives me a warm and fuzzy when he comes up to hit. He almost has a fearful look on his face. Anyone know what I mean, or am I just seeing things?

His numbers are good but he does seem almost unnoticed for some reason. That said his, AB's are generally good.

I think they'll be over .500, but I'm not betting any farms on it. Too much can happen in a baseball season.

Buck didn't lose his focus, intensity and steadiness in 2011 and I wouldn't expect him to do so if 2015 was a losing season.

Buck has PGA's full support, thank god. Duquette is the one to worry about. Thankfully. any move on Buck, would have to go thru ownership. BTW, end the season, the Orioles would have any reason to get rid of Buck, imo.

I think they'll be over .500, but I'm not betting any farms on it. Too much can happen in a baseball season.

Buck didn't lose his focus, intensity and steadiness in 2011 and I wouldn't expect him to do so if 2015 was a losing season.

Showalter isn't one to lose focus but his players sure are. After a stand pat off season, a dismal Spring Training (12-19) and a major FO distraction, I had them down for 78-80 wins. So far this season they don't look or play like a Showalter team.

I'm not a big fan of Christopher (Mad Dog) Russo but he said something that is very true about baseball. Pennants aren't won in in the month of May but they sure can be lost in the month of May. The Orioles have a lot of ground to make up.

After watching the O's since the mid 60's I think I've seen it all.

Could this team be a .500 club or worse... YEP!

Could this team win 90 games or more... YEP!

Prepared for either, or any where in between (Which is more likely) betting on NONE :laughlol:

One thing I do agree with THIS TEAM IS NOT PLAYING BUCK BASEBALL we've been use to the last 3 years.

You know what' date=' I will put my farm up against anyone else's that we have a winning season. And tell you what, I'll throw in all the cattle on my farm as well.[/quote']

Can the cattle make the long, grueling swim from the Bahamas to the mainland? I mean that is a long haul!

The team was over .500 with Buck in 2010 and followed that up with a losing year in 2011.

As for his reaction, I expect a lot of quiet time in the corner spent in the fetal position with him clutching his binkie.

Quiet time in the fetal position is a valid reaction but binkie clutching has been proven to be temporary and largely unsuccessful.

• 3 months later...
You know what' date=' I will put my farm up against anyone else's that we have a winning season. And tell you what, I'll throw in all the cattle on my farm as well.[/quote']

I'll see you and raise you Junior's farm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8CcLRSpdFOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archived