Tyler Wilson Ongoing 2015

Crazysilver03

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course Wright should get more exposure. He has shown he deserves it.

This is one thing I love about the DD era, he is more animated than previous GMs and is fine with making an aggressive roster play like dropping this guy into the rotation and running with it as long as it works. Oh sure we did weird stuff like promote Jeff Fiorentino from A ball or whatever but mostly we've had boring, uncreative teams, from a roster management perspective.

At worst Wright helps us out of the bullpen with the potential of being a real shutdown arm. Something our bullpen lack outside of Britton.

I don't think you send him back to Norfolk until he has proven he's not capable as a starter or in the bullpen.

The Dodgers may be looking to fill a spot in their rotation. Maybe Norris can turn in 3-4 good starts when he gets back and become attractive for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get back the comp pick! :hearts:

Doesn't Steve Johnson have a June 1st opt out clause. I'd like to see him get a chance and just not let him go. We all know how DD doesn't like to lose players. So in that case Norris goes back in the rotation and Wright goes down to AAA and SJ comes up after the doubleheader vs the white sox. Lots of decisions to make shortly with W.Wright about to start a rehab stint. In a week we may be looking at a rotation of Tillman, Chen, Ubaldo, Gonzo, Norris. And a pen of Britton, O'day, Brach, Hunter, Matusz, W.Wright, S.Johnson. With Gausman, Wright and Wilson all returning to Norfolk's rotation. So as much as we like the young guys it could just be a return to the vets. Which isn't a bad thing. #winningstreak

Doesn't Steve Johnson have a June 1st opt out clause. I'd like to see him get a chance and just not let him go. We all know how DD doesn't like to lose players. So in that case Norris goes back in the rotation and Wright goes down to AAA and SJ comes up after the doubleheader vs the white sox. Lots of decisions to make shortly with W.Wright about to start a rehab stint. In a week we may be looking at a rotation of Tillman, Chen, Ubaldo, Gonzo, Norris. And a pen of Britton, O'day, Brach, Hunter, Matusz, W.Wright, S.Johnson. With Gausman, Wright and Wilson all returning to Norfolk's rotation. So as much as we like the young guys it could just be a return to the vets. Which isn't a bad thing. #winningstreak

Just from my non-expert eye... is SJ that much to lose? DD will do all he can to not lose lose ANY player but...

e: And would Steve even opt-out from his home team?

Just from my non-expert eye... is SJ that much to lose? DD will do all he can to not lose lose ANY player but...

e: And would Steve even opt-out from his home team?

Of course he would opt out if he could be in the majors. That's a big difference in money. He had 2 injury plagued seasons. I'm willing to say that right now in relief he's better than Hunter, Matusz, Garcia, Drake, Givens and all the other AAA guys.

o

Tyler Wilson, MAJOR LEAGUE DEBUT O (vs. MARINERS, 5/20)

Relatively uneventful.

1 shutout inning.

Gave up 2 hits (both singles.)

Induced a double play ground ball to end the inning, and get himself out of trouble.

8 Pitches (5 Strikes, 3 Balls.)

Norris looks about ready to rejoin the team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bud Norris so far at AAA Norfolk: 1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 25 pitches, 14 strikes. Gave up solo HR to Kennys Vargas. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— David Hall (@DavidHallVP) <a href="

">May 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Norris looks about ready to rejoin the team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bud Norris so far at AAA Norfolk: 1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 25 pitches, 14 strikes. Gave up solo HR to Kennys Vargas. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>? David Hall (@DavidHallVP) <a href="

Are all things still equal?

Bud settling in...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bud Norris has allowed 7 runs and 8 hits in 2 innings today at AAA Norfolk. Kennys Vargas has homered twice <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

It's like he was never sick.

Archived