Tyler Wilson Ongoing 2015

Crazysilver03

o

18 OUTS: 10 Groundouts, 2 Popouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Out Trying to Tag Up from 2nd Base to 3rd Base

TYLER WILSON O(vs. WHITE SOX, 5/28) O[Game One]

IP:. 6 *

H:;; 5 (3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB: 1 *

SO: 1

Pitches: 86 (53 Strikes, 33 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.38

* Major League Debut as a Starter

* Wilson also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (81 Strikes, 51 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 41 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 71 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 41 Balls)

12 (91 Strikes, 31 Balls)

20 (10 Strikes, 10 Balls)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looked okay out there. Threw some good breaking balls. Caught the plate a little too much when ahead of the count, and got a lot of help from his defense. It's only one starter, but based on that start, he looks like he could potentially be a 4th or 5th starter on this team.

• 3 weeks later...

o

(vs. YANKEES, 6/14)

Solid outing today for Wilson.

3.33 shutout innings kept the Orioles in the game AND spared the rest of the bullpen from laboring (another short outing from an Orioles starter.)

3 hits.

0 walks.

39 Pitches (27 Strikes, 12 Balls.)

For the season, Wilson has a 2.38 ERA and a 1.236 WHIP.

He's given up 14 hits in 1.33 innings, but only 1 walk ...... so like Tommy Hunter, whatever you get off of him, you'll have to earn.

o

With Norris no longer on the DL, perhaps we can amend the title so as to be able to use this as Wilson's de facto 2015 thread.

Yeah, I got REALLY excited when I logged in late today, after watching the taped version of the game (and seeing Wilson), and seeing this headline! I'd have been delighted to replay the DLing of Bud Norris and the return of Tyler Wilson. Any sort of demotion of Bud can't come too soon for me.

Yeah, I got REALLY excited when I logged in late today, after watching the taped version of the game (and seeing Wilson), and seeing this headline! I'd have been delighted to replay the DLing of Bud Norris and the return of Tyler Wilson. Any sort of demotion of Bud can't come too soon for me.

I also got excited. Even if Wright or Wilson (or Gausman) struggled, I'd rather watch a kid do it and get some experience than a veteran who won't be with the team next year. Norris's starts are about as exciting as watching Young bat fourth.

Tyler Wilson, Ongoing 2015.

Have a greenie, weams. :)

The Orioles need to roll over those Phillies tonight, and keep their winning surge/momentum going.

Yesterday's failure to sweep the Yankees was a minor setback (I hope.)

Archived