Hardy might be hurt

eddie83

This is exactly why the off season theory of wait till we're healthy next year is not a good one. You're always going to have injuries. We need Schoop back ASAP and for Hardy to not have a serious injury.

Great post sir. Nothing makes my blood boil like going with a plan that nobody will be hurt. Depth depth and depth. Just wish there was more offensive depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knew. I was being optimistic when I predicted Hardy would avg 100 games a year during his extension.

It was a stupid signing of a player who was in obvious decline.

SSS, but his RF so far this year was the lowest of his career and he was way below ML average in defensive runs saved and he has OPS'sed around .500. May as well take off the rest of the year.

I feel pretty sure we're going to start hearing rumblings tomorrow about someone getting called up for Hardy. This team has a way of handling injuries (or at least whatever information they let out) that frustrates me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An older player with a long term contract = plenty of injuries. I advocated re-signing Hardy and I am still happy Duquette did it. It's just a shame he's having an injury pledged season so far.

The young Hardy was plagued by various injuries. It's not like this is out of character. We just had a good 3 year run there.

Who knew. I was being optimistic when I predicted Hardy would avg 100 games a year during his extension.

SSS, but his RF so far this year was the lowest of his career and he was way below ML average in defensive runs saved and he has OPS'sed around .500. May as well take off the rest of the year.

We have nothing in the minors ready to help position player wise. Hardy signing made sense then and now.

They said last year the oblique injury Davis had lingered all year.

Resigning Hardy was a tough one. Before being an Orioles, he was injured a lot. He had 3 injury free seasons for us, then was injured a bit last year. It would make sense that this would happen to the one person they did spend to keep.

He has been exactly average not way below average in defensive runs saved.

It is weird how whenever you get stats wrong, the incorrect stat always seems to favor the point you are making.

True, we can not option Cabrera until Schoop comes back. I guess Pearce could play 2nd in a pinch. But we need Scoop and Hardy

Agreed, it would be really nice to have both Schoop and Hardy healthy - just not happening though, and the team definitely hasn't been the same without Schoop. I'm looking for Schoop to return next season, he won't be back with the club in '15. When he went down, Buck stated that it wasn't a season ending injury - that being said, it is.

Archived