Hardy might be hurt

eddie83

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So was Marakis we thought at 23. Again not saying what Schoop will do as I think he is a power bat in the future but talking about this season and we are also not comparing letting Parmalee come up and hit now to Schoop since Schoop is hurt. If Hardy is out and you move Manny to SS some it would get Parmalee into the lineup and take Cabrera who has done nothing with the bat out of playing SS.

Or, you can move Flaherty to SS and play Pearce at 2B.

Or, you can move Manny to SS, play Pearce at 3B (where he filled in for the Pirates), and leave Flaherty at 2B.

So was Marakis we thought at 23. Again not saying what Schoop will do as I think he is a power bat in the future but talking about this season and we are also not comparing letting Parmalee come up and hit now to Schoop since Schoop is hurt. If Hardy is out and you move Manny to SS some it would get Parmalee into the lineup and take Cabrera who has done nothing with the bat out of playing SS.

As it has already been pointed out.

Some of us disagree with your theory, because putting Davis at Third, isn't any better than Cabrera at SS.

There is no guarantee that Parmalee will hit in the majors, just because Paredes found his genie in the bottle and did it.

You have been told this?

A strong gut feeling.

Yes, Janish is not on 40 man. A move will have to be made.

Buck will prefer someone with a great glove there and Flaherty is best at second.

We can all see that when our defense suffers, the whole team suffers. While I love Pearce, his range at second is severely limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, you can move Flaherty to SS and play Pearce at 2B.

Or, you can move Manny to SS, play Pearce at 3B (where he filled in for the Pirates), and leave Flaherty at 2B.

I would have no problem with that is Pearce was hitting but he has done nothing with the bat this season and looks more and more lost as the weeks go. He is basically just trying to hit homer after homer with his upper cut swing. This team has had the worse offense in baseball the last month or so. We can keep hoping Pearce will find it and go that route or start looking proactive and if Hardy is hurt have a plan to give someone else a try. As I said in the first post you start getting Manny some reps there but the move will not be right away but if another week to 10 ten days goes and Pearce plays and keeps not hitting and the offense is still as bad I think we have to make a move to shake it up and that means either bringing up Parmalee who has been the best hitter in the minors or making a trade to find a hitter.

A strong gut feeling.

Yes, Janish is not on 40 man. A move will have to be made.

Buck will prefer someone with a great glove there and Flaherty is best at second.

We can all see that when our defense suffers, the whole team suffers. While I love Pearce, his range at second is severely limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD is the master of the 40 man roster and that's probably not something that will hinder them, if they wanted to do this.

Archived