If Gonzo has to go on the DL, Cabral could be back tomorrow (Gonzo DL Retro to 10th)

wildcard

Buck said it was a groin strain. I don't know whether it will require a DL stay but the O's don't have a lot of wiggle room with the pitching staff right now.

Wilson, Wright and Drake just pitched. Wright or Wilson could pitch Sunday if Gonzo can't go.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or, they could limit Gausman to three innings on Thursday at Bowie and have him start on Sunday.

I don't think this happening. They could have rehabbed him at AA, but they didn't, they used an option, they want him down there, throwing and working on his other pitchers. Just IMO.

I don't think this happening. They could have rehabbed him at AA, but they didn't, they used an option, they want him down there, throwing and working on his other pitchers. Just IMO.

Gausman has not been optioned (yet). He's pitching on a rehab assignment.

Gausman has not been optioned (yet). He's pitching on a rehab assignment.

Thanks, I guess they changed their mind. I remember reading that they wasn't going to rehab but option.

Reading Roch this morning and Gonzo's comments, sounds like it more of a tweak, than a serious pull, and it's the same thing he had this before back in 2012.

he wants to make his next start, of course he does.

IMO, I think Buck will play it safe, bring Cabal back to the bullpen until Sunday and then swap him for Wright.

I'd hate to see Gonzalez go onto the DL. He's been pretty good this year and probably our most reliable pitcher. Losing him for any extended period of time will be troubling no matter who we call up. Here's to hoping he is ready to go.

It was encouraging that Gonzo said, he was walking fine.

I suspect Buck will use this as a chance to get Cabal back for the bullpen and let Gonzo sit for one start and let Wright throw a start.

I would bet dollars to donuts that they put Gonzo on the DL. It is just not worth it to risk aggravating it when we have Gausman and Wright ready to fill in. This team is pretty conservative with injuries (as they should be) and we have depth for these scenarios.

I would bet dollars to donuts that they put Gonzo on the DL. It is just not worth it to risk aggravating it when we have Gausman and Wright ready to fill in. This team is pretty conservative with injuries (as they should be) and we have depth for these scenarios.

I agree. Plus, I really don't like going with 6 relievers against two teams that play us close and make pitchers throw a lot of pitches.

I'd hate to see Gonzalez go onto the DL. He's been pretty good this year and probably our most reliable pitcher. Losing him for any extended period of time will be troubling no matter who we call up. Here's to hoping he is ready to go.

I agree with you. Just a tweak. Nothing serious is what I am hoping for. The O's

need him. IMO

This. Plus you don't want to take the risk he gets pulled early in his next start and you really wreck the bullpen. Granted Matusz will be back then, I don't want to see him for multiple innings his first time back.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived