Andrew Miller DL'd with Forearm Strain

weams

I can attest that putting signing Andrew Miller above signing Nelson Cruz or Nick Markakis did not cause any talk of my being a moron.

I was quite vocal about wanting to give Miller 4/36 early to see if we could get him. No one was disrespectful at all.

I still wish we'd signed Miller to that contract. I have to believe that Buck would not have ridden him like a broken mule for the first 1/3 of the season and that there's a pretty reasonable chance he wouldn't be injured if he'd been used more sparingly.

I still think Miller was going to the Yankees no matter what we bid. It would have been great and he may have stayed healthy if he was 8th inning guy here, but I believe he wanted to close and that was very unlikely here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still think Miller was going to the Yankees no matter what we bid. It would have been great and he may have stayed healthy if he was 8th inning guy here, but I believe he wanted to close and that was very unlikely here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are probably right, and we certainly weren't going to win a bidding war either. I just wanted us to get out in front for once and see if maybe he wanted to stay here. You're probably right that he wanted to close; in which case there really wasn't any offer that we were going to make that was going to work.

You are probably right, and we certainly weren't going to win a bidding war either. I just wanted us to get out in front for once and see if maybe he wanted to stay here. You're probably right that he wanted to close; in which case there really wasn't any offer that we were going to make that was going to work.

I don't think Miller was even on the organizations radar. I think Cruz was and they were very serious about signing him .. until it went to 4 years.

Tony isn't a broken record saying the same basic thing over and over. Angelos could spend more money. Everyone gets it. Thank You for your salient point.

You don't have an example of being treated like a moron for merely suggesting that we resign Miller. Case closed.

I didn't merely suggest, I advocated hard for it. The point about, you are one of my favorite complainers seems to have gone over your head. I have the right to complain, advocate and opine because I've been sitting in my season ticket seats for over 25 years. Have you? I am emotionally invested in this team and financially invested in this team. When I gripe and complain, it comes from the heart. I don't need someone to label me as a complainer when I advocate strongly for spending more money. I spend a lot of money on this team and I have a lot less to spend then ownership. So, if I seem like a broken record, I'm sorry and I hate to bore you, but it all comes from the heart as a diehard O's fan.

I didn't merely suggest, I advocated hard for it. The point about, you are one of my favorite complainers seems to have gone over your head. I have the right to complain, advocate and opine because I've been sitting in my season ticket seats for over 25 years. Have you? I am emotionally invested in this team and financially invested in this team. When I gripe and complain, it comes from the heart. I don't need someone to label me as a complainer when I advocate strongly for spending more money. I spend a lot of money on this team and I have a lot less to spend then ownership. So, if I seem like a broken record, I'm sorry and I hate to bore you, but it all comes from the heart as a diehard O's fan.
That's wonderful, but it doesn't change the fact that many find you boring and don't wish to have the same fruitless discussion with you over and over. That's their right. Deal with it.

Just because you spend a lot of money and speak from the heart doesn't mean you present your case persuasively. Perhaps there are ways you could express yourself that would be more convincing.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/144810-Is-Andrew-Miller-a-must-sign-I-believe-so-He-can-get-both-righties-and-lefties-out-and-has-filthy?highlight=sign+andrew+miller

I gotta say. I find this hilarious. I found a 16 page thread titled "Is Andrew Miller a must sign? I believe so". It was started in mid October and lasted into early December. Guess what? It wasn't started by the guy who "advocated hard" for Andrew Miller. There isn't even a single post in it by the guy who "advocated hard" for Andrew Miller. Brian, were you in a coma for two months back then?

Guess what else? The guy who started the thread wasn't attacked one iota. Some people agreed with him. The ones who didn't, didn't even offer very strong criticism against him.

Your Honor, my client wishes to change his plea.

I don't get why people keep saying this? Miller had 3 more IP than Britton when he went on the DL, how does that make him a broken mule?

Because he's broken now? Because Girardi should have known he was a delicate flower who couldn't withstand a normal closer's workload?

Truth is, our bullpen has been pretty solid. Britton's blown one save, in a game we won in extra innings. O'Day's ERA is hovering around 1.00. I'm sure our bullpen would have beren even better with Miller, but it was not a glaring enough need to commit 4/$36 mm or more. And if he turns out to have a serious injury (which we don't know yet, BTW), I'll be very glad we spent our resources elsewhere.

If I recall correctly, his one blown save was only a blown save because of a Manny Machado error. Britton's save percentage should be 100%. Who knew? He's even better this year than last year.

Correct, and everything that happened that inning was kind of fluky. I don't think a ball left the infield.

Archived