AL East

brianod

After April and May, many of the talking heads were laughing at the AL East as being a weak division. But, here we are on 6-15 and the Yankees are hanging tough, the Rays don't seem to miss Madden and are still performing low cap miracles, the blue jays are the hottest team in baseball and may never lose again. Everyone's favorite to win the division is the cellar dweller. They might fall below expectations but it wouldn't surprise anyone if they got better. 100 games to go and all of a sudden this division looks a lot better. Of course, as an O's fan, I hope the Yanks old guys get tired. I hope the miracles end in Tampa. I hope the annoying, very annoying blue jays come down to earth. And, I hope the O's soar. But, at this point in the season, this division has gone from a laughing stock to an interesting and notable division once again.

- Had the Yankees third and a .500 team mainly on the strength of the coaching staff and the bullpen. Their offense has been better than expected, mainly due to A-Rod and Tex.

- Kept saying the Rays were better on paper than people thought. Had them in last place due to the coaching / front office changes and it's clear there has been little effect so far.

- Toronto was expected to challenge the Orioles for the division title.

- Baltimore, well, here we are in the thick of things again but there's some ways to go.

- Boston I had fourth and they're performing as advertised. Actually worse, their offense stinks too.

The Red Sox are on life suport at this point If they don't pick it up in thenext two weeks we may see anothe fire sale. They have to go 67-30 the rest of the way to get to 94 wins. They don't have the staff to do that and the offense has been awful. They go 6-8 or so the next two weeks and they can pack it in.

The Red Sox are on life suport at this point If they don't pick it up in thenext two weeks we may see anothe fire sale. They have to go 67-30 the rest of the way to get to 94 wins. They don't have the staff to do that and the offense has been awful. They go 6-8 or so the next two weeks and they can pack it in.

I look for their manager to be canned soon. Of course, so are most baseball fans see this coming.

Firesale if what though? They have so many long-term contracts that they won't be able to get out of. There is no Dodgers to bail them out. Their free agents to be are also underperforming.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Firesale if what though? They have so many long-term contracts that they won't be able to get out of. There is no Dodgers to bail them out. Their free agents to be are also underperforming.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If they eat some salary they could get something for Pedroia, Sandoval, and Ramirez.

If they eat some salary they could get something for Pedroia, Sandoval, and Ramirez.

Pedroia is a hometown favorite and cornerstone of the franchise who is still producting at a high level. They won't be trading him. I also don't see them moving guys that are in the very first year of long term deals.

They will suck it up and hope for better next season. I expect them to sign a front line starter or two in the offseason after the strategy of signing/trading for middling starters blew up in their face this past offseason. I fully expect to see Johnny Cueto or David Price in a Red Sox or Yankees uniform in 2016.

Archived