vs. BLUE JAYS, 6/21

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how the sequence of today's events alter our perspective...

Blue Jays fans are probably giddy over this game right now. Their pitcher was every bit as Terrible as Tillman, but their hopes for this game were revived from the valley of death.

If we take everything about this game and flipped the batting order, sure we'd be pissed at Tillman still, but we'd be really freakin excited about this game and 'proud' of our team.

Just a thought.

I'm not advocating sending Tillman out for his next game. You're right that we have no shot if those two guys don't pitch better. We can live with one of them not getting better, but not both. I've already written that I would DL Tillman after this game.

I don't know why everyone is so sure that neither Norris nor Tillman will be replaced. If they don't do the job, they will get replaced. It happened with Hunter and Jimenez last year. It won't be fast, but it will happen. Buck removing him at 7-4 today in the 2nd was a good sign that his patience is running thin.

And I am saying you can't keep sending healthy pitchers to the DL with the idea that a minor league rehab stint is going to fix things.

we've gone down 7 in a row. This happens a lot. We score big in one inning,and then are no shows for the rest of the game.

Your post of despair often suffer from confirmation bias, but this is one that I also feel happens often. Though we did just have a game where we hit 8 HR's spread out over an entire game.

Archived