Its a big night for Bud Norris

wildcard

Which way does his season turn?

Since coming of the DL Bud has pitched three games to a 3.77 ERA. In his last outing went 6 innings and game up 2 runs. If he can build on that tonight in Fenway it puts him on the path to hold on to his rotation spot and help the O's get to the playoffs.

If he doesn't.......................

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since coming of the DL Bud has pitched three games to a 3.77 ERA. In his last outing went 6 innings and game up 2 runs. If he can build on that tonight in Fenway it puts him on the path to hold on to his rotation spot and help the O's get to the playoffs.

If he doesn't... they should put Chris Tillman on the DL with a strained oblique and let him get healthy while Gausman pitches in his place.

He has an ERA since his first three starts of 4.41. He is jut like Tilman that he has been ok this season minus his starts against the Jays. Let's hope he continues to pitch well though I am still not sure how long he last in the rotation either by trade or moving to the pen.

I think Norris has performed pretty well in the 16.2 innings he has pitched since coming off the DL (3.89 ERA). SSS, absolutely, but at least he's giving us a chance to win games unlike Tillman.

Tonight's a good test vs. a Boston offense that's swinging well (.799 OPS in June) and having good ABs.

If he doesn't... they should put Chris Tillman on the DL with a strained oblique and let him get healthy while Gausman pitches in his place.

I agree completely. Even if Bud has a terrible start, his recent starts have been way ahead of tillmans.

A lot of us will remember that picture from the off season of Tillman looking super out of shape. Many people's as well as my reaction at the time is that he will get to where he needs to be. I have to wonder whether his off season has been detrimental to his performance this season.

It puts him on the path to hold on to his rotation spot.

It is a big night. The Orioles would like to grab a W. Miguelito may be rusty on Thursday and BOS is throwing their best SP so who knows what will happen. Let's win tonight.

Archived