Dylan Bundy (Begins Throwing Program)

weams

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nothing new on Hunter Harvey's rehab Buck said. Also team is not sure of the next step w/ Bundy. Will try to rule out other shoulder issues</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How can he play in someone else's minor league system? If he is out of options it doesn't matter who he is with. He will be in someone's bullpen next year. Unless on injury rehab.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks for correcting me. Still, Bundy is going to get his rear kicked in if he is thrown to the wolves next year. I would trade him to a rebuilding team that has a dearth of young talent, a team that doesn't expect to contend next year and can afford to have a constantly-injured and inexperienced but high-ceiling young guy on their roster all year long. Calling him a de facto Rule 5 guy is an insult to Rule 5 players. Most Rule 5 picks are going to be able to contribute much more in 2016 than Bundy will. How can he be anything but horrible with the utter lack of even meaningful AA experience since freaking 2012? Assuming he's even healthy, which in itself seems very dicey.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dylan bundy has been shut down, likely for the year. Buck wouldn't elaborate on shoulder troubles w Bundy but said no surgery.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was hoping we could get a look at Bundy this September to get him some more experience before he has to be with the club next year. Oh well, at least the club is winning!

Well that would put him in the pen next season, assuming he is healthy enough.

If the team wasn't winning these past few years this news would really be getting me down.

I would assume he spends next season on the DL.

This is actually fairly troubling. Doesn't Bundy have a major league contract requirement for 2016?

I think so. As long as he's healthy though, I don't see a reason why he couldn't be helpful in the bullpen at the very least. He will add the the inflexibility of next years roster though (although it shouldn't be as crunched as this year).

I think so. As long as he's healthy though, I don't see a reason why he couldn't be helpful in the bullpen at the very least. He will add the the inflexibility of next years roster though (although it shouldn't be as crunched as this year).

True. And you can DL him anytime that he is not effective. With his track record.

Archived